hi every one i am a newbie and i tried looking before i asked but i am about to purchase a bb 8800 unlocked branded by cingular. will i have a problem if i
    call t-mobile to upgrade my plan to include a data plan. even though the phone is not one of theirs. and do i have to reconfigure anything. on the phone to acess tmobile web. any help would be appreciated.
    10-21-07 06:25 PM
    No you won't have a problem as long as the phone is unlocked. I'm using an AT&T/Cingular phone on the T-Mobile network with no issues at all.
    I also recently added the data plan and the internet browser was added to my phone.
    The only thing you may want to change is the theme on the phone. Originally it comes with the AT&T theme but under the options you can change it.
    So just pop in your sim card and you'll be all set!
    Don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
    Matt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-07 12:30 AM
    thanks a lot matt i was worried there for a minute. If anything else comes up which im sure it will since im not that much tech savy i will sure to come to crackberry for help everyone here is so helpful thanks again.
    10-22-07 12:13 PM
    No problem. Glad I could help.

Here's a site you may find useful:
    101 Demonstrator for the BlackBerry 8800 Smartphone.

It has a run through on device setup and such. It'll also show you where the SIM card goes, which I might add is a bit of a pain to get in (its a tight fit).

So good luck with your 8800, I already love mine and I'm sure you will too.
    Anything else just ask!

- Matt N.
    10-23-07 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD