Hi everyone,

I'm on Sprint and recently (like 40 days ago), I switched from a Treo 650 to a Centro. I like many things about the Centro (smaller size, fast mode Blazer, relatively better stability). EVDO dosen't mean much to me, since I don't live in a PowerVision area.

I started messing around with Chatteremail lately, and I have switched to IMAP e-mail (via Fastmail). I really love IMAP; I'm not just reading email on the phone. Now I actually can file it, delete it, save a draft, and then have my Macbook show those changes, which is great.

I also find myself writing/responding to more e-mail on the phone, and this is where I have a problem. I'm not great on the Centro keyboard. I'm pretty accurate, but I find typing on it tiring after a short while. I'm also not too keen on the Centro's battery life and tendency to creak the whole time I'm typing on it.

So here I am. I'm beyond thirty days, and I'm considering selling it to get something else. I'm going to take a bath, unless I buy a new one on eBay, and then I will take a smaller bath. I paid $99 out the door for the Centro.

So I'm thinking of the following of switching to an 8703e: Made for e-mail, Blackberry reliability, scroll wheel might be nice to change OS, big keyboard, I can afford it if I buy it on eBay. The 8830 or Pearl would be nice, but I'm concerned about price.

Now, I realize I may be a stooge here, so feel free to tell me what you think. I should do. I know the 8703e is long in the tooth and has no cameras, but I'd still like any insight you can offer. Also, I'm synching with a Mac.

Thanks for being a great forum.
    02-27-08 08:13 PM
    A BB will offer everything you are looking for++ You need to play with one and see what its all about.
    02-27-08 08:45 PM
    Absolutely... try them out, you'll love em.
    02-27-08 08:46 PM
    I say get the BB!!!
    02-27-08 09:16 PM
    I went from a Treo 650 to an 8703e about 1 1/2 years ago and it was the best move I have made when it comes to cell phones. I was immediately addicted to it and to be honest it has been the most reliable piece of electronic equipment I have ever owned. I just recently switched from the 8703e to the 8830, and so far the 8703e is still overall the best phone I have ever owned. Don't get me wrong I like the 8830, but the 8703e had zero quirks about it and it seemed indestructable when it came to reliablility and the unfortunate drop here and there. If you can pick up an 8703e for a good price it is well worth it. You will forget about the Palm and never look back the first day you start using the Blackberry.
    02-27-08 10:17 PM
    BlackBerry is definitely the way to go. Once you try it, you'll never go back
    02-27-08 10:20 PM
    do it i went from centro to treo to bb
    03-16-08 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD