hi, i am not sure i should even be posting here but i am thinking of buying a blackberry and had some questions. i currently have a palm tx and a phone from sprint and want to get a blackberry pearl

will i be able to convert the phone numbers and other info from the palm device to the blackberry or will i have to re-enter everything???
    07-27-08 10:37 AM
    You are using what software for your Palm info and what desktop OS? I switched from a Palm T|X to a Centro and then to a Pearl. I have a Mac, so my contacts just magically transferred, but awhile back when I still used Windows I was able to use Bluetooth to transfer everything from phone to computer and from there to new phone. I bet you can do that just fine. In short I'm quite certain you will NOT have to re-enter everything. I'm a recent Palm to BB convert: you won't be sorry you switched
    07-27-08 10:50 AM
    When you go in to upgrade your phone, just ask the guy that's selling you your new phone to transfer the information from your Palm to your new Pearl. Although, with the price difference of only $30 after mail in rebate between the Pearl and the Curve 8330, I'd take the upgrade. You get better memory, GPS, and it comes with a free 1 gig memory card.
    07-27-08 03:14 PM
    Do it! Welcome to CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 03:42 PM
    I agree... buy one!
    07-27-08 04:34 PM
    Welcome!!!

Welcome to the Crack!
    07-28-08 05:00 AM
    Welcome to CB. Get the Berry. Review the forums and let us know how we can help

07-28-08 06:09 AM
    If you do it in the store, I would ask them to switch it over.

Also if you have windows, you can use the Desktop Manager and use the "Switch Device Wizard" which works well.

A bit off topic, its funny how the DM provides BB to BB and Non-BB to BB, but no BB to a Non-BB 'Switch Device Wizard'

Welcome to crack!
    07-28-08 07:25 AM
    hi, i am not sure i should even be posting here but i am thinking of buying a blackberry and had some questions. i currently have a palm tx and a phone from sprint and want to get a blackberry pearl

will i be able to convert the phone numbers and other info from the palm device to the blackberry or will i have to re-enter everything???
    What are you doing on CB if you don't have a BB yet? Just kidding with you welcome and hope you enjoy your BB when you decide to get it.

07-28-08 07:35 AM
    Welcome to CB!!!!
    07-28-08 07:56 AM
    Welcome to CB! You can't go wrong with a BB.
    07-28-08 08:36 AM
    Its been said plenty. But you NEED a blackberry!

07-28-08 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD