I'm new to the blackberry thing and had a few questions.
    1) I know you can sync your music library, but can you use mp3's as ringtones?
    2) Are blackberry devices user friendly (is it easy to pick one up and use it the first time)?
    3) How is the call quality on a scale of 1-10 (ten being the best)?
    4) I currently have an lg voyager, based on your experience whats the better device (lg or blackberry)?
    06-13-09 07:18 PM
    You will love a Blackberry, it's so easy and simple to use. I use BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned Up for music and the call quality is very good ( I use T-Mobile).
    06-13-09 07:26 PM
    can you use mp3's as ringtones or how do you download ringtones?
    06-13-09 07:35 PM
    yeah you can

btw blackberries are very addicting to use lol
    06-13-09 07:52 PM
    I too am thinking of getting a Blackberry. I would like to get the onyx when it comes out but was thinking of getting an 83xx in the meantime to hold me over. The question I have is: what is the difference between the 8300, 8310, etc etc. Excuse me for I am a noob.

Thanks!
    06-13-09 08:52 PM
    Blackberrys have been the easiest phone to get ringtones for. I've had the LG Dare, Samsung Alias and the iphone. All I do for ringtones is go to m.cellsea.com and search their database. Download and save to my ringtones folder.

The learning curve was a little trouble for me coming from two touchscreen phones.

The options are endless witha blackverry. Its so addicting utilizing the blackberry to its fullest potential.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 09:27 PM
    Yes to all the questions and call quality is great. Realize that the customization is endless and many underutilize features because they did not know it could be done. You have complete control of alerts for calls, texts, mms, email etc. From vibrations and ringtones to the flashing led. All file transfer can be done with drag and drop. Home screen icons can be whatever you like, themes etc etc etc.
    Call quality is also very good.

The Onyx will be att and the tour will be vz so if you have att then the onyx would be a great future phone. Not sure what the curve is for att though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 11:28 PM
    - Yes you can
    2) Are blackberry devices user friendly (is it easy to pick one up and use it the first time)?
    - It is very friendly. My wife has basic technical skills and loves the BB. It is very easy for her to use.
    I'm on VZW Network and the sound is 9 with minimal dropped calls in Chicago.
    4) I currently have an lg voyager, based on your experience whats the better device (lg or blackberry)?
    - No knowlege to compare, but I think you'll be happy. Just do not go to the Storm.
    06-14-09 10:29 AM
    the 83xx is the first generation Curve. The xx numbers are specific to carriers. For example 8330 is the Verizon Wireless version.
    06-14-09 10:31 AM

YES! YES! YES!!

MY DAUGHTER KNOWS HOW TO USE A BLACKBERRY SO YES ON THAT ONE!!! DEF FRIENDLY PHONE!

3) How is the call quality on a scale of 1-10 (ten being the best)? 11 !!!

4) I currently have an lg voyager, based on your experience whats the better device (lg or blackberry)?i

BLACKBERRY!!!!! YOU WILL NEVER WANT ANOTHER ONE..UNLESS ITS A BERRY!!

PROMISE!
    06-15-09 12:40 AM
    Once you go BLACK! You'll never go BACK!!
    06-15-09 01:33 AM
    I'm new to the blackberry thing and had a few questions.
    1.Yes
    2.Not at first, itll take about a week to completely figure it out, but after that you wont want another phone.
    4.Is this even an even contest?
    06-15-09 10:27 AM
    Thanks for all the help guys. I'm pretty sure im definitely gonna be looking for the tour when it hits stores.
    06-15-09 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD