Hey guys. I've been thinking about coming back for a long time now. I really miss my blackberry but need to know if the switch can be and would be worth it.
    I don't really play many games on my phone. I just check fb, forums, reddit and txt along with the occasional browsing the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    chgaida likes this.
    05-03-14 10:37 PM
    Nearly all of what you mentioned would be greatly addressed on BB10. What are your questions?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 10:39 PM
    I dunno, I miss my old phones like my tour and the likes. I miss my real keyboard but I'm afraid of switching and realizing I can't keep myself entertained while at work.
    Also is spotify an app on bb?

05-03-14 10:46 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Have you played with a live unite in store? Or borrow from your friends for a day or two.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk
    05-03-14 10:59 PM
    lol, all my friends think I'm crazy for thinking about switching.
    And no, I haven't been into a store yet to mess with one.

05-03-14 11:09 PM
    I have been thinking about doing the same. Is there any way for me to get google voice on BB 10? Does 10.2 allow me to keep my personal emails longer than 90 days?
    05-03-14 11:11 PM
    Hey guys. I've been thinking about coming back for a long time now. I really miss my blackberry but need to know if the switch can be and would be worth it.
    I don't really play many games on my phone. I just check fb, forums, reddit and txt along with the occasional browsing the internet.

FYI, BB can direct download most Android apps for your pleasure, granted not all work flawlessly but for the most part the big name apps work well.
    Take a read of this article it well worth the read.

APPLE USERS WANT, BLACKBERRY 10 ALREADY DOES.

Here’s a list of the sort of things I’ve seen:

1) The ability to Select All in messages rather than go in and out of each one CHECK!
    2) Unified Synergy-style messaging hub (Messages + FaceTime all in one app, with 3rd-party silos eventually). CHECK!
    3) Actionable lock screen notifications CHECK!
    4) Real Multi Tasking CHECK!
    5) A 3rd party keyboard cos the stock one isn’t very good (well, no need, the BB10 one is best in class) CHECK!
    6) NFC CHECK!
    7) An app that makes it clear what files are saved in the cloud and the amount of storage remaining. (Dropbox, Box and OneDrive) CHECK!
    8) File Manager CHECK!
    9) Notification LED CHECK!
    10) Print to PDF CHECK!
    11) Dark Theme (someone said the phone burns their eyeballs at night) CHECK!
    12) Ability to ‘Hide’ apps (Blackberry Style) well… CHECK!
    13) Message, mail etc notifications in the status bar with a number in for how many unread (and they don’t go away until they are seen or deleted) CHECK!
    14) Flash support (yes, they said it!) CHECK!
    15) Ability to see what is driving battery usage CHECK!

That’s just 15 for starters, there are loads more, I stopped about a third of the way through and yes, there was something about getting attachments on an email and stopping the SMS alert from dinging in your ear when you’re on the phone but I’ll leave it to you to find those!

In fact, other than REALLY Apple specific things like Apple TV integration or iBook pretty much everything they want BY MID 2015 – we already have.

One person was told ‘well, why not get a BlackBerry?’ to which the answer was ‘they don’t have the apps’.

WRONG!

Got em all, thanks.

So, why not head over to iMore and see what you can spot? I’m sure there are loads more.

No need to comment over there, that would be unfair and, to be honest, counter productive as you’ll get into one of those ‘white is black, black is white arguments’, just have a look and come back with what you find.

And if you are an iPhonian who has just found us through our bricked iPhone article for help, you’ve come to the right place.

Simply click here Dear UTB, I REALLY Want A Z30 – How Do I Get One? and you can get all these lovely features TODAY – not by the middle of 2015 (if at all).

And by the middle of 2015, we’ll probably be another 2 or 3 upgrades along – which is a rather lip smacking thought.

But, for now, I’ll leave the last word to an iPhonian who wanted ‘A notification center that is smart enough to dismiss a notification if I’ve seen it in the app already.’

It’s called a BlackBerry Hub, my friend.
    Last edited by zocster; 05-04-14 at 02:25 AM.
    05-03-14 11:13 PM
    Have you seen JC's videos?

Motivational Quotes channel C0024F15B
    05-03-14 11:44 PM
    What are these videos and how do I get to them?

05-03-14 11:59 PM
    Here are a few:

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.2234
    terminatorx likes this.
    05-04-14 12:17 AM
    Cool, thanks! I'll check them all out here in a few.
    Now, even the ones with physical keyboards, still a good choice? That's the one thing I miss the most about bb.

05-04-14 01:04 AM
    And no, I have been an avid follower of crackberry since my first berry. I just strayed for awhile and am trying to get back on path.

05-04-14 02:14 AM

There is a great app Build for BlackBerry called: Reddit in Motion. I think you gonna like it The browser is really great too!
    AYC2112 likes this.
    05-04-14 02:22 AM

A forum isn't going to answer your need to know questions. Trial and error. Just bite the bullet.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    05-04-14 02:49 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is totally different from the old OS you had. Try and see the difference. Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 02:59 AM
    Spotify is available via Snap or other Android appstores,

and yes you can keep your email for more than 90days now. When you add an email account to your blackberry you get the option to keep emails forever, It will also load all your history, i can now search email from back in 2008

and yes, the physical keyboard is awesome!!
    05-04-14 03:40 AM
    This topic is very interesting to me because I'm thinking about the contrary, to pass from my Q10 to IOS. I've approximately the same usage than the one you describe, I used to think I don't need any more than what my Q10 (and I was excited about the windermere) offered to me BUT, when you need something which is not done conveniently by your phone you saw that the lack of alternatives in apps is a problem.
    And I don't speak about games. My last exemple, I'll participate to a congress, I'll take the train, BB travel is really good to help me organizing it but, where are my train tickets, nowhere, I got it by PDF, I can read it but I miss an app to regroup them and to show the QR code.

That's only my POV, but a little story can explain my regret, I bought my first macbook when apple was approximately in the same situation than the BB's one, and I can't explain but the ecosystem was so efficient and user friendly than I can't imagine to return to another OS. So when I bought my first BB, I've imagined the same, even if, it helps me getting things done, it has a lack of fonctionalities (think about google services for exemple) wich could work as good as on any others phones.

I don't really like android because of the lack of homogeneity so I think IOS is done for users like me.
    I don't want to say BB is not good, it's excelente BUT I need more maybe in one or two years it'll be better and I'll come back but today when you want a BB principaly like me, because of it keeyboard(because I think android apps work better on the Z line), you can only be desappointed when another need appears.

Sorry for my english, there's a long time that I don't realy practice.

Best regards.
    05-04-14 03:56 AM
    Ok, yea I can't watch his videos.
    The amount of pauses he uses between words is killing me.

middbrew likes this.
    05-04-14 04:54 AM
    Watching JC's videos is one way to start. Don't mind his pauses.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    05-04-14 05:38 AM
    Ok, yea I can't watch his videos.
    The amount of pauses he uses between words is killing me.

I use an SGIII, an iPhone 5s, and a Q10.

If you like the old devices because of the keyboard, you will LOVE the Q10. It is an awesome BlackBerry. And the new OS is a joy to use.

Apps are a problem, though. I just use the browser for the things I would do with an app. The browser is fantastic.

Many folks use Android apps on their BB10 devices. I don't.

Give the Q10 a try. It's a fantastic device. Like I said, I love mine.

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    m1kr0 likes this.
    05-04-14 05:42 AM
    Nothing to lose in trying...you will be hooked! Welcome to CB!
    05-04-14 08:08 AM
    I agree that you need to go to a store and give it a try.
    05-04-14 08:18 AM
    Apps aren't a problem for me and many others and I appreciate and use the ability of BlackBerry 10 to easily install and run many if not most Android Apps if I can't find a specific one that doesn't meet my needs on BlackBerry World or just want to try a particular Android App. It's almost like having the best of both worlds but it's not quite there yet.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 10:09 AM
    Ya same here I actually like the newer blackberries I went first with a curve 8520 then iphone 4 then iphone 5 getting bored of iPhone lol
    05-04-14 10:30 AM
    I love my Q10 and I use spotify regularly.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    05-04-14 01:29 PM
75 123