Newbie here. Love my Curve! I upgraded my phone from a Motorola Q. I used to be able to lock the keyboard with a shortcut. I was told the curve could do the same things as my q and even more. Can anyone help?
    06-30-08 05:58 PM
    If you have Dial From Home Screen off you can hit "K" to lock the keypad.
    06-30-08 06:10 PM
    what do you mean "dial from home screen off"? I'm not sure what that is.
    06-30-08 06:36 PM
    There is a feature set by default, dialing from the Home Screen... meaning you can begin to dial a number and it will dial!

If that is off you can use 'K' to lock. If it is still on, you can use Alt-Del x2!! Or you can hold the top mute button to put it into Standby instead of locking the device!
    06-30-08 06:38 PM
    In the Phone app hit the menu key and select Options > General Options and make sure Dial From Home Screen is set to No
    06-30-08 06:38 PM
    ok, i went to options but did not see "general options" as a choice and I tried the alt/del x2 but the "k" didn't lock it either.
    06-30-08 08:15 PM
    the other option you have is do what i've done and change the left convinience key to lock the keypad.
    07-01-08 03:11 AM
    Thanks! It works for me!
    07-01-08 07:15 AM
    ok, i went to options but did not see "general options" as a choice and I tried the alt/del x2 but the "k" didn't lock it either.
    I forget, but it may be Alt - Enter (two times)

I used this when I was running OS 4.2 and since I have upgraded to OS 4.5 it has not worked... so I cannot test and see. If you do this keystroke a language box may pop up. You can go into options and turn off the ability to change languages... and this will open up the locking functionality of that keystroke!
    07-01-08 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD