Ok, I am looking at this site on how to install a theme. I am using a Curve 8330 and some how I can't install a theme manual with the 4.7 desktop manager. I am currently trying to install the 4.3 instead to see if that solves my issues, but I didn't want to get into the config files unless I had to. Can someone tell me how I can do this without trying to touch my config files and if my Curve is working on the same page with the desktop manager?

Also, I have the standard version from sprint on my BB. 4.3 something. Do I need my Desktop Software the same?
    12-08-08 08:49 AM
    What problems are you having when you try to install it using 4.7?
    12-08-08 09:02 AM
    Some have had issues with the 4.7 and the curve. My curve works on the 4.6. Might be the problem. Let us know.
    12-08-08 09:02 AM
    Well so far I am using the 4.3 version at home, things seem to work ok on it. I am currently installing the 4.3 as we speak. I can't put a alx.file into my phone on the 4.7 version. I don't know if the version have some sort of issues working with certain OS versions but I know a Storm has to have a 4.2.2 pack to work with our outlook for email. I wonder if it goes with everything else with my 4.3.
    12-08-08 09:06 AM
    Have you tried the themes direct to your phone rather than through ota?
    12-08-08 09:10 AM
    Well, I wanted to the themes free. I took some off from the site here where people have created a few so I can try them out. I guess it doesn't work correctly. Just wanted to try something different than the Sprint version of their theme. Boy I am a noobie when it comes to this phone some times.
    12-08-08 09:14 AM
    I meant go the site from your phone and do the download if you can. And some are zipped. Dumb question but did you unzip them? There's also alot of good free ones for direct to phone.
    12-08-08 09:17 AM
    I checked a few but things are still pricey as ****. But what do I care when I got this phone for two years. I love how you can modify your pictures for backgrounds and take your mp3s to ringtones other phone could not. But themes, GAAHHH!! Nerve wreaking. I will keep looking I guess. I got a lovely shot of Jessica Alba sitting on the bed pose. Very hooottt! But I want to change my themes around. GRR! Back to the drawing board me thinks.
    12-08-08 09:21 AM
    What I do is I find a theme layout that works for me and that's it. I change my wallpapers all the time. Might make your life easier. lol.
    12-08-08 09:27 AM
    Ya I guess I can try to make it easier. Just trying to learn this new phone here I failed trying to figure mostly when I first got it. I got my ringtones and email worked on here, I just don't use it much at all to play with. I guess I am a basic phone noob when it boils down to it.
    12-08-08 09:31 AM
    I've had blackberries for almost 3 years. Still learning. That's what makes it fun.
    12-08-08 09:34 AM
    Ya. I just think buying themes from the retail store is PRICEY compared to getting it cheaper or free. I like this site since the people here are helpful for any known issues you have.
    12-08-08 09:40 AM
    That's because we have all been there. And I still have some moments too.
    12-08-08 09:46 AM
    Hehe, well I just rummaged through the site and found out how to separate my emails and messages. Plus 1 for this site yet again!
    12-08-08 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD