I'm a new blackberry users, switching from a Treo 700wx. I just downloaded the iberry 8700 theme from the crackberry store and now what? How do I get this theme installed on my blackberry?
    04-27-07 12:21 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com

I've not purchased it, and am not sure the format it's in, but...

Did it come as a .jad file? Did you receive an email with a link? If yes, try to open the link from your BlackBerry, and that should install it.

If not, and it's a zip file, then you have to extra the zip file, on your pc, and then open Desktop Manager (DM), connect your BlackBerry to your pc, then double click on Application Manager, and point to that file (where ever you save it)...
    04-27-07 12:33 PM
    I've downloaded the iberry theme from the blackberry because its a .jad file. AFter I install it, the program says it was successfully installed. I then went to options > themes and no iberry theme. I'm puzzled!
    04-28-07 01:19 AM
    Here's the scoop. For many of the BlackBerry Themes (including the ones made by bbtc), you need to first install the Plazmic Theme Reader in order to for your berry to "see" the new theme you just installed.

I did a review on the iberry theme that mentions this:

Why wait for the iPhone? Get an iBerry today!!! | CrackBerry.com

If you downloaded the zip from the crackberry store that contains the iberry file, it should also contain the plazmic reader file which you can install using the desktop manager. If you did the installation over the air, I think you should still be able to back to that download page - there *should* be a link to installing the plazmic reader ota. If you go to the iberry review page above, there is a link to the OTA install of the reader (just go to that url from your berry).

That should take care of it! Once the Plazmic reader is installed, when you to go Options, Themes, you will now see the iberry theme and any other themes that we're created using the Plazmic software.

I was using the iberry theme for the past 6 weeks...really liked it. I just switched up to the Vorino Theme that Jimmy reviewed this week...loving it equally or maybe even more!

Let us know how it works out! I'll get back with an OTA link for the plazmic reader as well...

Kevin
    Last edited by Kevin Michaluk; 04-28-07 at 09:17 AM.
    04-28-07 08:32 AM
    I've downloaded the iberry theme from the blackberry because its a .jad file. AFter I install it, the program says it was successfully installed. I then went to options > themes and no iberry theme. I'm puzzled!
    Try doing a battery reset ..remove the battery with the power still on.

Also make sure you install the plazmic theme reader file.

http://www.blackberrythemecentral.co...eme_reader.jad
    04-28-07 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD