Hi there,

I am new to the BB (Pearl 8100) and was wondering if someone knows how to get rid of the old thread when you reply to an SMS (text). Whenever I replied the messaged that was sent to me from the counterpart shows up. I don't want to text to end up lengthy if we keep on writing back and forth. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks so much!
    07-14-08 02:55 PM
    Welcome to CB. Go to Options > SMS Text. At the bottom it says Number of Previous items. Change this to 0.
    07-14-08 03:03 PM
    Thank you so much, sunkast!
    07-14-08 03:16 PM
    Welcome to CB. Post if you have any more questions or concerns.
    07-14-08 05:56 PM
    Sunkast hit the nail right on!!

And if you are looking to save memory and actually delete the messages... just hit the delete button on a selected message. Or go to a data bar... hit Menu > Delete Prior and it deletes all messages before that date
    07-14-08 06:01 PM
    And to answer another part of your original question... you were concerned about your texts getting lengthy if the reply was there. It actually doesn't send the reply, just your message. If you have the previous messages still on your BB, they'll show up as prior items. You'll see that if you delete the old ones (including your sent one), an incoming reply will only contain the new text.
    07-14-08 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD