I just got an BB Curve and I am wondering how to set a Rintone to my Text Messages. Thanks Everyone.
    11-19-08 07:44 AM
    Go to Profiles>Advanced>'Active' Profile. From there, its self explanatory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 07:49 AM
    If from there it isnt self explanatory, just ask. we can help!

Basically, you just want to edit the SMS notification. Click change option and you can select any ringtone you want.
    11-19-08 11:14 AM
    Hey CapnKirk, welcome to CB!
    11-19-08 10:16 PM
    What happens if you have a custom ringtone set for text messages but when you recieve a text message its not the tone you have in the settings???
    12-09-08 11:39 PM
    I'd go back and check my settings. If it checks out ok, I might do a battery pull to reset everything. Oh, btw, since you're new:

Welcome to CB!

Enjoy the addiction™
    12-09-08 11:54 PM
    profile > advanced > (profile u wanna edit) > SMS Text > Ringtone > (pick ur ringtone)

Hope this helps & welcome to CB!!
    12-10-08 08:11 AM
    I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but can it not use a notifier type ring as a ringer or vice versa? I tried to set my profile with little Antelope beep as my one ring, it never rings...
    12-10-08 08:49 AM
    I'd go back and check my settings. If it checks out ok, I might do a battery pull to reset everything. Oh, btw, since you're new:

Welcome to CB!

Enjoy the addiction�
    Thanks for the welcome. And I think I may have figured out my problem. Even though I had a profile selected the contact had a different tone for texts. All these settings in profiles ... Man bb can be intense. Hehe and I'm pretty tech savy. Lol

12-10-08 10:37 AM
    Yeah no, still having the problem. talked to a Verizon tech and they said its a problem that should be addressed in the next update.
    12-13-08 03:36 PM
    Welcome aboard!

12-14-08 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD