Hey all. I searched for someone with this similar problem. Have been searching all day and cannot find anything. So I apologize in advance if it is somewhere that I cannot find....

I downloaded GOOGLE talk and then found out that my husband doesnt get it on his phone (he is a non bb user) so I went to remove it. After removing it, my BB said it was restarting..ok, no big deal.

Upon restart, I got like 6 errors and was missing half of the apps on my phone. The ATT rep told me I would have to do a system "wipe" and that I would most likely lose everything. I did the system wipe, made the BB my "own" again and have been using it fine ever since.

Except, I think I am missing out on a lot of awesome uses for this phone because I am too scared to dl anything since that happened.

Anyone had this happen before? Should I be that paranoid? Last night, my battery didn't charge when hooked up all night to the charger, so I was freaking out thinking it had something to do with that previous problem.

HELP
    02-25-09 02:53 PM
    Oh wow that sucks I've downloaded things before and not have them work properly. Mostly games though. I would suggest backing everything up on your computer. I have everything backed up from when I changed my OS. Even the mesages.... So if something went wrong ill still have all my contacts and applications. Don't be afraid to download applications though. Makes the blackberry more enjoyable

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 07:30 PM
    That was not usual. I'm always adding and deleting. Enjoy the berry.
    02-25-09 07:33 PM
    Yeah I don't feel like I'm getting the full fun out of it but I have been reading these horror stories about nuked bbs and itfreaks me out lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 07:34 PM
    i was a little scared at first to download things as well but not anymore.. I'm really enjoying my curve
    02-25-09 07:42 PM
    Don't freak out! This happens from time to time. Just do a battery pull or a soft reset and your Bold will be okay. Happens to just about everyone. And you probably didn't have your cable plugged in all the way which is why it didn't charge. Look for the lightning bolt. Welcome!
    02-26-09 02:12 AM
    I wouldn't panic. I've deleted a few apps before, and had those errors pop up as well. A simply battery pull (as previously mentioned in this thread) cleared up the issue.
    02-26-09 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD