hope this is the correct place for this, i stumbled onto a yahoo answers site while looking for the icons for the at&t theme.

someone responded saying it was in the newbies forum here but i can't seem to find it...

go to the forums and then newbies there is help and info there for what you are looking for the code that changes your trackerball is there renegade37918 sent you
    i looked and can't find it...someone prove to me how dumb i am...please?
    11-01-07 11:50 PM
    hope this is the correct place for this, i stumbled onto a yahoo answers site while looking for the icons for the at&t theme.

someone responded saying it was in the newbies forum here but i can't seem to find it...

i looked and can't find it...someone prove to me how dumb i am...please?
    What are you looking for? Are you looking for icons? or changing your trackball settings?
    11-02-07 05:30 AM
    What are you looking for? Are you looking for icons? or changing your trackball settings?
    i have a curve so i can't change the trackball color via software. what i was looking for was the icons for the stock at&t theme. i like the icons and was ready to keep the at&t theme but when i load my wallpaper of 320 x 240, it only shows up in the middle. i guess the at&t theme doesn't have a transparent banner. so i realized the only way to use my background was to create a theme. but i really want to use the icons from the at&t theme.

thank you for your help
    11-02-07 01:18 PM
    Hi all,

I too am new, but feel like I've been dropped in a foreign land. Sounds like newbies are having a much easier time than I. How do I use the wallpapers I have downloaded...I can't find where to plug them in.

I also would like to change my theme and icons...but I'm afraid if I can't even figure out wallpapers, this is all way out of my league!

HELP!!
    Jenn
    11-03-07 10:19 PM
    from my understanding of your use of wallpaper, it is just a background picture right?

if so, all you have to do is open the picture in media >> pictures, press the blackberry button, the one to the left of the trackball, and select 'Set as Home Screen Image'...some people have been having luck zooming in on a spot they want and then setting it...but it largely, from what i understand, depends on the theme

you don't necessarily have to download background images, just resize/crop images down to 240 x 260...if it is a busy background and your icons blend into the image too much, try turning down the opacity...

hope this helps...

and if you really want to get gusto, custom themes....

** edited cuz i looked at your profile and noticed you had a pearl...cool thing about the pearl, there is software that changes the color of your trackball...
    Last edited by nippaz; 11-04-07 at 01:21 AM.
    11-04-07 01:18 AM
    when someone gets a chance to get back to original question, any one know of where i can get the icons from the stock at&t theme?
    11-04-07 01:19 AM
    When you say "Getting icons" I am assuming you mean changing themes. You can't just "change the icons." On your Curve you can go to Options >Themes and change themes. There is also a thread here on how to add more themes to your device.
    11-04-07 01:25 AM
    thank you but what i meant was this...

i like the icons used on the at&t theme, but those aren't on the other themes so in order to have the icons, i must obtain them and create my own theme...

basically when i use my background of choice, it only shows up in the middle, the at&t banner is not transparent so you see some clouds then my background...

so to work around this, i was hoping to get the icons and create my own theme with my choice background...

i really like the at&t icons as i've gotten used to them already...

thanks again
    11-05-07 12:30 AM
    nippaz ... I’m in the same boat as you ... I like the overall feel of the ATT theme but hate the fact that you cant completely change the wallpaper ... at this point and time i do not think that the icons are available anywhere ...
    11-05-07 07:57 AM
    Those icons aren't available. I highly doubt that AT&T would release to to the public and they only way we'll be able to get them is if an insider who works for AT&T/Plazmic releases them for our use.
    11-05-07 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD