Hi Everyone First post so please be gentle. I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find a 'final answer' anywhere. I have Opera Mini and followed directions from another site to gain internet access without a data plan.

Will I be charged for usage?
    08-28-08 08:08 PM
    I have Opera Mini and followed directions from another site to gain internet access without a data plan.
    And how are you doing this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 10:47 PM
    I believe it can be used with medianet. I gotta double check that when I get on my PC later and I will post the definate answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 11:10 PM
    Ok here it is. With a generic data plan which would be media net you can use a third party browser like Opera Mini. Without media net or a BB data plan, you will be charged up the ying yang.

What do I need a Data Plan for? - BlackBerryFAQ
    08-28-08 11:53 PM
    Thank you so much Garz!

Ok4a56- I actually just downloaded the Opera mini app and it let me in.
    08-29-08 07:18 PM
    OK, I have exhausted myself searching for a way to get email and check the web on my 8700c without paying a $30 monthly charge to Cingulair/AT&T for BB Internet Service. Now I read here of a "generic" service (media net)that I can use through a 3rd party browser (Opera). Does this media net have a monthly charge? Will this avoid having to enroll with AT&T the BB Internet Service?
    W/O current internet service to my 8700c, do I download the necessary software on my desktop, and then load them onto my BB with the BB desktop manager? When I bought this phone I had no idea it would not provide access to the internet w/o an extra monthly charge. I am only interested in using the 8700c when I am close to a wireless network such as the one at libraries, and my home. Not really a "quick question". sorry.
    08-30-08 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD