I am looking to get either a curve or pearl in the next few weeks. Do either of those sync with google calendar? Or do they only sync with outlook? Plus, my work will be switching to microsoft exchange in the near future (well, who knows when, it was supposed to be done over the summer but there were glitches so they arent doing it until its fixed... whatever that means) so if I start syncing with one thing (google or outlook) can I change to sync it to exchange later? Or is it a PITA to switch which calendar it syncs to?

And if I have exchange at work, what do I sync it with at home?

Thanks!!!!
    09-28-08 11:18 AM
    1. Both the Curve and the Pearl can be synced to Google Calendar on a BIS network. However, only a calendar can be synced. There are some other programs out there to help sync other things like contacts and documents. Some are paid for programs, some are free.
    2. It is easy to switch from syncing one calendar to a different one in the future.
    3. The exchange from home could be tricky. It probably depends on how close your IT dept watches it. A lot of times IT depts don't like doing things on their own from home. There are ways to push it through and get it done though, just might not be what they want you to do at work.
    09-28-08 11:25 AM
    Woah... there is a lot going on here.

1) You can sync a Berry with GCal

2) When your work switches you would need to get a BES plan and use BES for your work for OTA syncing with your work calendar. I am not sure if the place you work supports this or not.
    09-28-08 11:26 AM
    So much confusion.

Google has a program you can Download OTA and it syncs your google calendar to your blackberry and whenever you make a change on either one it updates for you.

the link is Google Sync (BlackBerry Devices) : Getting started - Mobile Help Center
    09-28-08 11:38 AM
    So much confusion.

Google has a program you can Download OTA and it syncs your google calendar to your blackberry and whenever you make a change on either one it updates for you.
    Perfect thanks!!!!
    09-28-08 02:24 PM
    Now when you sync google it goes into your BB calendar like outlook does correct

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 03:33 PM
    If you can access email using outlook web access (OWA), you won't need BES, when they switch to exchane.

09-28-08 07:43 PM
    If you can access email using outlook web access (OWA), you won't need BES, when they switch to exchane.

I know that we CAN use outlook for our work email, but right now I use webmail for it.
    09-28-08 09:43 PM
    If you use webmail, you should be able to get your email on your bb using BIS. You just need to talk to IT or figure out the settings for your server. Also you can sync Google calendar wirelessly to your bb and also to your home outlook. This is how I keep my calendar updated.
    09-29-08 06:39 AM
    I know that we CAN use outlook for our work email, but right now I use webmail for it.
    If you are using webmail (Outlook Web Access), you can set up a BlackBerry to receive your email.
    09-29-08 06:40 AM
    Welcome! I LOVE my Google Sync! It's on my top 5 of the best damn things this phone does! :-)
    09-29-08 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD