Hello, I am new BB's. Just got my curve and love it!

I am an avid gmail user. I was wondering if there was an easy way to get the gmail contacts that I have onto my curve?

Also, I have been using Google calender for some time now. Is there a way I can get the dates already in google calender on my phones calender? I am interested in setting up an easy way to manage appointments and to-do's... any suggestions?

Thanks
    06-20-07 01:26 AM
    Do you use Outlook at home? If yes, see if you can export the information from GMail (Calendar and Contacts) into a .csv file. Then, import into Outlook in the right section, i.e. Calendar to Calendar, etc.

Once done, sync your BlackBerry with Outlook; using Desktop Manager...
    06-20-07 06:57 AM
    Nope, no outlook usage.
    06-20-07 09:22 AM
    Ok, so it's been almost 6 months since this thread was started - anything new out there? No Outlook here either (and I don't want to switch back).

I have been reading about the SyncML and mobical.net thing, but haven't tried it yet because I keep looking for something better/easier/faster.

Gcal sync is great...now what about the Gcontacts?
    01-02-08 07:02 PM
    google.com/intl/en_us/mobile/sync/

This syncs the calendar wirelessly and automatically with google and its by google. I've been looking pretty hard for any API's that sync gmail contacts with the phone--so you have phone number, pic, dob info sync'd but haven't seen anything yet.

Joe
    01-02-08 07:24 PM
    I have been using the Google Sync for calendar items. While not without some glitches, it works quite nicely. With any luck they are working on an update to it that will also sync contacts. With the new Android system around the corner, maybe there is enough impetus to develop something that can be used on that as well as on our BBs.

Until then, I've been toying with the dreaded idea of installing Outlook again just to sync contacts - even though part of the process will be a manual export/import, and everything will be thru a cable. >:|
    01-03-08 08:01 AM
    So happy I found this; however, I can not change my default calendar. I never had the option to even choose which of my google clalenard to set as my default. If someone figures this out I would sure like to know.
    01-04-08 01:30 AM
    If you are syncing successfully, then go into the Sync App > Options > Sync these Calendars.

Highlight whatever calendar shows in the field and select it. It should bring up a new screen with all of the calendars in the Google account you are logging into. Put a check beside all that you want to sync.

It appears that the "default" calendar that gets loaded before you make your selections is the first one in the account (the primary one).

Hope this is what you were asking - and that my explanation helps.

BTW, I've found and am investigating ScheduleWorld.com (free, based on open source Funambol) to sync contacts. If I can't get that to work, then I'll look into the (pay for) Nexthaus product.
    01-04-08 07:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD