I have been having a lot of trouble keeping my calendar in sync with Outlook. I get many many errors, have to go in and delete all my calendar settings, clear the database, reboot everything 4 or 5 times and still can't get it to sync correctly.

I was getting it to sync just fine but every time I add a new entry in Outlook then wish to sync and update the BB, I get errors.

Is this a known issue? I have searched and read so many documents I'm about to give up. I have BB 8310 on 4.2.2.170 and am running desktop software 4.6.

PJ
    11-04-08 02:03 PM
    go into Options >Advanced Options >Default Services and verify that you have the Calendar set to the default email you are using for Outlook Calendar
    11-04-08 02:54 PM
    Yes that seems to be set fine since my work email is the only one I've set up so far.

I keep deleting my other emails off the ATT BIS because of this calendar sync problem.

I was able to get it to sync once when I went in to the database and cleared it, pulled the battery then resynced successfully but I haven't been able to sync since.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. There is another thread at this time where another person is having the same issues. They reinstalled the OS and it would sync. I hate to have to do that but I will if it is the only way.

PJ
    11-04-08 03:32 PM
    UPDATE

I deleted my account at ATT's BIS website then recreated it and all my calendar entries were returned immediately.

I then tried to sync and the errors started again. I cleared the calendar database using Desktop Manager and tried the sync again and it worked.

Is there an easier way to sync my calendar than going through this every time I add another meeting and need to resync?

PJ
    11-04-08 05:06 PM
    that's wierd - - I dont have any problems syncing with Outlook - - when I upgraded my OS and did the Sync for the first time I went into Sync configuration on the desktop manager and forced Outlook to synce one way so all my data from Outlook went down onto the B-Berry - - then after that I re-configured for a two way sync and have not had any problems at all. The only time I had an issue was when the Default Calendar email was accidentally set for another email address - in that case the Outlook Calendar info wanted to double the entries, so I hit reject and changed the default back to the right address and never had issues since then.
    11-04-08 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD