Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Just to say hi to since-now-my-new phone community, from tech enthusiast, graphic designer, sci-fi lover, and so on...

Three days ago, I bought my first ever BlackBerry device (although some 5 or more years ago, I considered some too), and it's the Z10. I got it for a bargain price, well at least bargain for a price range they're on in my country (which is again bargain compared to other, Android or WP flagships of the same league). The price was equivalent to some 230 USD, and it's unlocked version ofcourse. The usual price range for this phone right now is about 350 USD in my country.

Now, coming from few Android flagship phones as past companions, one might wonder what made me come to BlackBerry world, and not few of them might say I'm completely insane (I'm expecting similar reactions in upcoming days, as more people will get informed about my recent smartphone choice).
    Well, while I was settled and very comfortable inside Android world, hence spending tons of money in Play Store, something still craved inside me for a change, for finding and exploring some other environments, testing how good they can feel. WP was never a choice really, as I had chance to play with WP phones a lot, and I just don't like anything about them. I don't like their parent company, I don't like their interface, and I don't like the current state of hardware offerings, bearing name of dying company, soon to be replaced by MS one.
    So I made myself looking after BlackBerry again, beside all that media bombardment about how bad the current state of company is, and how soon they will ceed to exist, and etc... Z10 and Q10 were the logic choices, but as I'm not sure how good I would be with a physical keyboard of Q10, Z10 became my only choice. I went through dozens of reviews, articles and videos, user feedback positive and negative.
    And here I am, now owner of a white Z10 for a three days...
    I have to say I'm very satisfied with this phone so far, as well as with BB10. From designer perspective, I really like some visual solutions of this OS (while iconography is something with a lot of space for improvement). I really like simplicity and general flatness of UI. I like that white backgrounds are prevailing too. Function-wise, I love the HUB, I love the keyboard, I love the quickness of gesture based OS once you get used to it. I like smoothness of system, regardless of it being pushed by "only" two cores chip. All in all, very nice experience in those few days, and I'm not regreting one bit for making this choice. I wish this company entered all this full-touch-screen race much earlier, but better now than never. A lot of lucid ideas could be find behind BB10 curtain, so a lot of good engineers out there I believe.

I believe nobody will read an "introduction" post this long, but nevermind, I just needed something to start with in this community, before jumping into other sorts of specific discussions.
    07-14-14 08:17 AM
    What a lot of people don't realize or I never hear them criticized for it, is that the iPhone is still dual core also. The main downside to owning a BB10 device of course if the app Eco system but this is changing with the ability to sideload and the coming of the native Amazon App Store in 10.3.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-14-14 08:25 AM
    if at was your choice, excellent choice with the white Z10!!!!

good luck, coming up on one year with mine and I remain impressed, actually more impressed due to the updates
    3ldi5 likes this.
    07-14-14 08:29 AM
    coming up on one year with mine and I remain impressed, actually more impressed due to the updates
    Yeah, the white Z10 was my choice, although plastic finish of black one feels a bit better in hands. Regarding system, well as soon as I switched on my phone, 10.2.1.2977 was delivered to me, so I don't know about earlier versions, but this one feels very nice and polished. Ofcourse I will discover more in upcoming days and months about eventual bugs or some shortcomings, but so far - so good.
    And about ecosystem, I really don't feel that "abandoned" after Android, for now. Many apps I used before, are here too, or some good alternatives.
    Last edited by 3ldi5; 07-16-14 at 06:36 AM.
    bungaboy, moody and pkcable like this.
    07-14-14 08:48 AM
    Welcome from a likewise new BlackBerry user (also on the Z10 in white). 350 USD seems pretty steep from a carrier, my local Vodafone has them at 350 NZD (about 308 USD).

Posted via CB10
    3ldi5 likes this.
    07-14-14 05:59 PM
    Welcome from a likewise new BlackBerry user (also on the Z10 in white). 350 USD seems pretty steep from a carrier, my local Vodafone has them at 350 NZD (about 308 USD).
    Thanks.
    And I was talking about price for unlocked phone, not carrier locked. However I got mine for 230 dollars, on a sale. 230 USD for an unlocked Z10, is more than a good deal I think.
    And good luck with your Z10 too.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 06:29 PM
    Hey, and welcome!

You're in for a pleasant surprise when 10.3 comes out in a couple of months. UI has some great improvements, as well as speed and Android Runtime.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you need!
    bungaboy and 3ldi5 like this.
    07-14-14 07:20 PM
    Hey 3ldi5 and welcome to the CrackBerry community and the BlackBerry user base !
    Thank you for your first review / introduction combo, looking for next comments from you with interest !

Cheers
    SF
    3ldi5 likes this.
    07-15-14 02:51 AM
    Hey 3ldi5 and welcome to the CrackBerry community and the BlackBerry user base !
    Thank you for your first review / introduction combo, looking for next comments from you with interest !
    Thanks for this nice little welcoming "party" going on here. I see that all other newcomers are enjoying it too, so we came into nice community no doubt.
    As for the phone, the more I use it, the more I like it, in all honesty. The only "downside" so far is not that great battery performance, but truth be told, I didn't expect it to be great in the first place, considering its capacity. So not a big deal.
    One more thing I would like to have explained, as a BlackBerry newbie, is this phone info/print on the retail box side (see attached photo).

The Story So Far-img_20140716_121420.jpg

First, what exacly is this "10.2.1 Bundle 1925" means. I know that actual BB10 version is numbered this way, so I guess this is just some info about which software version is shipped with phone? Which again would mean that phone itself is of a fresher production date? Or not...
    Now, coming to production date, does this "210214" number mean that the phone is manufactured on 21st February 2014?
    PS: No, I'm not in Africa, although the phone is made for that region. I'm in the balkan region, that little spot called "Bosnia" extremely hard to find on a globe of a smaller size.
    Last edited by 3ldi5; 07-16-14 at 02:20 PM.
    07-16-14 05:41 AM
    10.2.1.1925 would have been the official software version at the time the phone was packaged for distribution. (If I'm wrong, someone will correct me so no worries)

Anyway there have been a few new OS releases since so if you haven't already, check to see if one is available through your carrier OTA.

If not, you can find them here on CB to download. A new one just dropped here yesterday.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=946094

And welcome to BlackBerry!!!

Z30/10.3.x.xxxx & Q10/10.3.x.xxxx
    3ldi5 likes this.
    07-16-14 06:23 AM
    Anyway there have been a few new OS releases since so if you haven't already, check to see if one is available through your carrier.
    10.2.1.3247 is the version I currently have, as I was prompted with update immediately after I turned on my phone for the first time.
    Thanks for reply.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    07-16-14 06:34 AM
    Welcome! You've already made yourself at home which is great!

I think you will enjoy 10.3 when it comes out.....of course you could load the leak if you're comfortable with it
    07-16-14 01:36 PM
    Welcome to the world of BlackBerry and to CrackBerry! Thanks for posting your story, it was great.
    07-17-14 12:44 PM