I am trying to use desktop manager to sync music from my windows media player and it is saying that It isn't recognizing any device, although it is connected to my laptop.. It syncs my outlook fine.. But doesn't do any media..

HELP!!
    10-04-08 04:11 PM
    Make sure your media card is formatted. Options-media card-press menu key-select format card.

I think the best way to put music on your berry's media card is to drag and drop it onto the card. When you plug your berry into your PC, click yes to enable mass storage mode. The use Windows Explorer to find the removable drive. You can then drag your music or picture files over and drop them onto your media card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 10-04-08 at 09:30 PM.
    10-04-08 09:21 PM
    I never use Roxio because it is so slow, . After you have added files to your berry, you can check to make sure the files are where you want them by opening your media files and then pressing the menu button, click the explore option.

Another thing you can do with the mass storage mode on is use your berry to transport files from one pc to another. You can also set your berry to automatically enable mass storage mode when you plug into your PC's usb port. Click options-media card-auto enable mass storage mode, click yes, press back and save.

10-04-08 09:28 PM
    Yes exalant is correct it is wiser that way so that your not using the bb memory also you can install music anyway from the pc from a thumb drive drag and drop very easy and deff. Make sure your on mass storage also aslong as your dm reconises your bb you should be fine

10-04-08 09:29 PM
    Make sure your media card is formatted. Options-media card-press menu key-select format card.

I think the best way to put music on your berry's media card is to drag and drop it onto the card. When you plug your berry into your PC, click yes to enable mass storage mode. The use Windows Explorer to find the removable drive. You can then drag your music or picture files over and drop them onto your media card.

Thanks EXELANT.. I think I got it.. Just frustrating when you have the DM and you have to find other ways to get what you need done..

Thanks again..
    10-05-08 12:06 AM
    In my opinion the Roxio Media Manager is a memory hog and operates far too slow and unstable. I'm not even sure why BRIM has allowed to associate their name with it lol Perfect example, the first time I used it I was about halfway through transferring over about 500 pictures (which had at that point taken like 10 minutes) when Roxio just shut down, closed out and left me wondering why I just wasted 10 minutes lol Half of my pictures were on the card, sure, but then I found a neat little free pic resizing program what did the 320x240 conversion twice as fast as Roxio and then just had to copy them onto the media card in Mass Storage mode.

Now I don't even use Roxio at all, I've got separate programs to do the conversion of any video, mp3 or photo and then just copy it over. Best of all, they never crash on me lol
    10-05-08 10:27 AM
    In my opinion the Roxio Media Manager is a memory hog and operates far too slow and unstable. I'm not even sure why BRIM has allowed to associate their name with it lol Perfect example, the first time I used it I was about halfway through transferring over about 500 pictures (which had at that point taken like 10 minutes) when Roxio just shut down, closed out and left me wondering why I just wasted 10 minutes lol Half of my pictures were on the card, sure, but then I found a neat little free pic resizing program what did the 320x240 conversion twice as fast as Roxio and then just had to copy them onto the media card in Mass Storage mode.

Now I don't even use Roxio at all, I've got separate programs to do the conversion of any video, mp3 or photo and then just copy it over. Best of all, they never crash on me lol
    Thanks for the insight.. Do you have the link for the free pic resizing program? Might help with some of this frustration.. Thanks
    10-05-08 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD