I was just reading the blackberry 101 - Beginners guide and I saw the bit about standby mode. I always lock my blackberry when in it's holster... should I be using standby mode instead? Does it make any difference?

Thanks
    10-04-08 10:59 AM
    Standby just saves battery juice. You will still receive calls, e-mails, etc...
    10-04-08 11:01 AM
    Is it best to use standby mode then or to lock it? Or doesn't it make much difference?
    10-04-08 11:02 AM
    welcome to cb!
    10-04-08 11:07 AM
    It's whatever you want to do. I keep mine in a holster that has a built in sleep magnet and my berry goes into standby as soon as I put it in. If your not having low battery issues than just lock it like you were doing before...
    10-04-08 11:10 AM
    ok.. thanks!
    10-04-08 11:11 AM
    Standby is a lot more conevenient but it is less secure if, when locking, you have a password enabled. If you do not use a password the StandBy is the way to go.

It shuts off the screen and the keyboard, it saves huge amounts of battery ans still allows calls, emails, SMS, etc. to come trhough.

I use AutoStandby (CrackBerry store <$5) and it handles the whole deal for me.
    10-04-08 11:13 AM
    Does your holster put it to sleep? If so then that is all you need. If it doesn't - or if you are using a pocket or purse - using the mute button for 2 seconds is your best bet & turn it back on with a fast touch. You'll still get all your calls and email, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-08 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD