Is there a way to shorten the time between e-mail checks? It seems that it checks for new mail every 3-4 minutes now, but is there a way to make it shorter?

Thanks
    07-06-07 12:27 AM
    GMail & Yahoo, and sometimes Hotmail is instant delivery. POP3 accounts are every 15 minutes. BUT, I've heard the more email you get on that account, the more often it checks...

So, based on that, what type of email account do you have setup?
    07-06-07 04:44 AM
    I have a pop3 account hooked up to my website, thought it checks much more often then every 15 minutes, more like 3-4.
    07-06-07 09:38 AM
    If that's your main account, why do you forward a copy of those emails to your BlackBerry email account? Then you give the BlackBerry email address a from / reply address the same as your 'main pop3' account. You will then get the emails INSTANTLY!!!
    07-06-07 09:44 AM
    so your saying I should forward them to my blackberry email account? I like the fact that I keep the same e-mail address because its easier for my customers if they only have to work with one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-07 12:15 PM
    Right!

But, are you saying you give out your BlackBerry email address? If you do, then the option I provided won't work too well. Most people NEVER give out their BlackBerry email address. Mainly because like I was saying you forward a copy of your POP3 email to it, thus giving you instant email...

Alternatively, GMail & Yahoo emails are instant, regardless...
    07-06-07 01:26 PM
    No, i dont give out my blackberry e-mail address, i do it all through my other address.
    If i forward a copy of my pop e-mail to it, and then respond, will it respond with my blackberry address or the pop address?
    07-07-07 04:59 PM
    With your POP3 address. BUT like I said in a previous post YOU MUST edit the properties of it in BIS to suit that POP3's account details...

Example:
    07-07-07 05:18 PM
    Thank you so much, I did it and it works perfect.
    You rock!
    07-07-07 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD