I just ordered a Blackberry Curve 8330 in of course, PINK from Verizon. Im super excited to be going from my Voyager to the blackberry (which should possibly be here thursday), which should be much more grown-up then my phone. But im a little itimidated I must say because, well, its like a whole new world at my finger tips. Downloadable apps. Significantly more memory. Etc.

Sooo, enough about me. Ive been on the site most of today while im supposed to be working. And trying to find things that I should be wary of. Bad downloads? How often will I need to check for program and app. updated? Etc. Besides the obvious, dont drop it in a puddle stuff etc. what Do i need to know? What should I NEVER do? etc.

Of course I understand that people couldnt possibly have the time to write me long drawn out messages and such, but even just links to websites or what to do and what not to do with your black berry lists would do. Im just nervous I suppose. Its all so new to me.

WOW! i must sound like a freak! intimidated by a new cell phone. pfft.
    09-02-08 05:51 PM
    --Enjoy it.
    --Never put it down.
    --Don't turn it off.
    --Get a screen protector immediately.
    09-02-08 05:55 PM
    --Enjoy it.
    --Never put it down.
    --Don't turn it off.
    --Get a screen protector immediately.
    thank you my friend you are FANTASTIC!

- Rachel
    09-02-08 05:56 PM
    I agree .. have fun .. these lil bad boys are great phones and then some .. It will take a lil time but before you know it you will be on here replying to a new newbie
    Just take good care of it and watch your memory and you will be fine , this place is a great place to get any questions you may have along the way answered !!! :

o one more helpful hint be sure to check out the newbie section if you have not already it is very helpful
    Last edited by maof2; 09-02-08 at 06:03 PM.
    09-02-08 06:00 PM
    Never get it wet. Ever.

That being said, what you need to understand is that blackberries are far different than any other phone you will ever use. Do your homework and learn about your device. When I got my first blackberry, I thought I had made the biggest mistake of my life, simply because I didn't understand how to use it. Once I researched my new phone and learned the ins and outs of it, I realized I could never use anything but a berry. Do your homework, and you'll be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 06:05 PM
    Welcome and congratulations! You will LOVE the Curve......I do

Just about everything you need to know and most questions that you'll have are alteady here, CB has been a great resource for me.

Enjoy!

09-02-08 06:21 PM
    I'm on my berry so I can't post the link but read the crackberry 101 lecture series. Also stick around and learn all you can. Welcome to the crack!

09-02-08 06:25 PM
    Thanks so much evertone i really really appreciate it. the 101 was VERY helpful! thx
    09-02-08 06:39 PM
    welcome to cb. you will enjoy your berry
    09-02-08 06:41 PM
    As others have said, the most important thing is to learn your device first. Dont get so caught up in the fact that you have so much memory. All the good stuff you can do with that memory will come and you'll have a better understanding of what you're doing if you dont leap head first into it.

I noticed that you said you're a bit intimidated. Let me ask you this- if was an ordinary flip phone, would you be intimidated.
    It really is just a phone.
    09-02-08 06:43 PM
    Welcome to CB

Do, Read CB, A LOT
    09-02-08 07:10 PM
    welcome to cb and the bb family!!! enjoy
    09-02-08 08:20 PM
    Thursday? You have less than 48 hrs to enjoy your last days of not having a pretty serious addiction.

Welcome!
    09-02-08 08:59 PM
    start doing thumb push-ups, make sure you have enough water in the house to last you a couple of days (at least) and get ready to call in sick so that you can spend time with your berry
    09-02-08 09:05 PM
    I agree with the research. I went from a rzr to my curve and was overwhelmed at first, til I hopped on cb and started asking questions and reading threads. I really did learn a lot from cb, and still am! Ur phone can do a lot........learn how to use it and u will love it!!!! Make sure to dl CB launcher!!!

09-02-08 09:16 PM
    Welcome to CB! The Curve is an awesome device. Just enjoy it.
    09-02-08 09:25 PM
    Welcome to CB...

Here are some popular links...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/
    09-04-08 02:18 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!
    09-04-08 10:45 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    09-04-08 12:14 PM
    Welcome to the addiction and you'll still be learning new things 6 mos from now! Lol

09-04-08 02:27 PM
    Congrats on your new BB - you're going to LOVE it!!!! Definitely read as much as you can - especially the tutorial & newbie sections. Also, a lot of people have links in their signatures - click on ALL of them - there's soooooooo much info here!!!

Welcome to CB!!!! I'm excited for you!!
    09-04-08 02:29 PM
    Welcome to CB!!!!

~JEF~
    09-05-08 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD