I'm ditching my Palm 680 for a blackberry Bold - wish me luck!

Just waiting for it to arrive - should be next week. In the meantime, I've been looking for some accessory, have a car charger, and an extra power unit for it, one for work, one for home so power is all sorted as I am worried about battery life on these.

One other thing, I have a screen protector on my treo at the moment, its kind of semi gloss, so not too shiny and doesn't leave fingerprints.

Any advice anyone of screen protectors for the bold? I've always thought if I get a glossy one, it still shows up greasy finger prints?

Am I still right?
    10-16-08 03:42 AM
    First of all, welcome to crackberry!

With the bold, you don't need luck. The device is devine (semi bias opinion there being an owner of one myself)

In regards to battery life I charge once.a day... I could probably push out to two but just incase I fill her up each night just in case I get a particularly heavy day on it.

I'm still waiting on my screen protector to arrive, to be honest I didn't think there was a huge selection in protectors. I just want one that I don't notice is on there and... You guessed it, protects the screen!

Welcome again (:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 04:00 AM
    ok great, thanks for welcoming me.

Where are you getting your screen protector from by the way?
    10-16-08 04:11 AM
    Ebay (:

Just picked a random seller, coming from hong kong no doubt

10-16-08 05:44 AM
    welcome to cb!
    10-16-08 10:41 AM
    Welcome to crackberry!

10-16-08 10:53 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    10-16-08 05:43 PM
    Hello and welcome. The addiction is with all of us as well.
    10-17-08 01:09 AM
    Welcome to the world of Blackberry.

10-17-08 01:28 AM
    congrats on your BOLD

10-17-08 01:30 AM

10-17-08 01:31 AM

Benzworm: Wow, how to roll out the CB welcome wagon... impressive. It's like the red carpet (or should I say rainbow) of the CB Newbie awards.

Back to TheCount:
    Anyways, congrats on the Bold, you'll be happy I'm quite sure. I'm waiting for a screen protector, then I'll be able to comfortably use the rubber skin I have on the ready. Curently using a slim sleeve.

Charging Cradle... very nice too.

All I can say is Microfibre cloth... iPhone or Bold, they both like a wipe down once or twice a day. Then it looks so nice and shiny.

Battery life - Newer device OS ie: .162 has provided some major battery efficiency. If you are .125 out of the box, familiarize yourself with the phone and if you raise an eyebrow to battery life, don't despair... a software upgrade will help. Play and get to know her first for a while.

Enjoy and welcome to CB

Count PvT
    Last edited by PvT; 10-17-08 at 02:55 AM.
    10-17-08 02:53 AM
    Welcome to CB!

Your one stop shop for all your addiction needs!
    11-01-08 06:16 PM
    thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!

Just wondering, how do I fund out what version mine is, and how would I upgrade? can I do it if I have a mac still?
    11-01-08 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD