Good afternoon,

I need some help from the newbies, I have to put together a training class for some of the new blackberry users. When you got your blackberry what would you have like to been told before using it.

Thanks for your help.

Jason
    01-13-09 01:14 PM
    You are about to pass the point of no return.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 04:54 PM
    That's ok I will pick through them....
    01-13-09 05:49 PM
    Good afternoon,

I need some help from the newbies, I have to put together a training class for some of the new blackberry users. When you got your blackberry what would you have like to been told before using it.

Thanks for your help.

Jason
    Let em know the difference between closing an app as opposed to using the red/end button to leave an app. This was something I had to discover coming from a standard cell to my Storm.
    01-13-09 06:12 PM
    Let em know the difference between closing an app as opposed to using the red/end button to leave an app. This was something I had to discover coming from a standard cell to my Storm.
    Thank you that is a good one...
    01-13-09 07:15 PM
    Good afternoon,

Thanks for your help.

Jason
    Tell them how to turn off the Phone from Home Screen option in order that they may use the keyboard shortcuts. In general, they need to be given a list of the most commonly used shortcuts such as the lists found on this site. I was most interested in the shortcuts relating to the e-mail and the calendar. Explain how to personalize their phones re: rings etc. Explain the convenience keys. If not for this forum...I would be completly lost as opposed to mostly lost Also...don't assume that they know any of the lingo..I STILL have no idea what SMS and MMS stand for but have figured out for myself that one relates to text messages and the other to e-mail messages...I think. LOL
    01-14-09 12:37 AM
    How about a warning that this damn thing would be superglued to my hand for the rest of my life?
    01-14-09 01:05 AM
    How about a warning that this damn thing would be superglued to my hand for the rest of my life?
    That should be in the user guide, or on the sticker that seals the box should read...upon breaking this seal you are sucked in for the rest of your life.
    01-14-09 04:37 PM
    Tell them how to turn off the Phone from Home Screen option in order that they may use the keyboard shortcuts. In general, they need to be given a list of the most commonly used shortcuts such as the lists found on this site. I was most interested in the shortcuts relating to the e-mail and the calendar. Explain how to personalize their phones re: rings etc. Explain the convenience keys. If not for this forum...I would be completly lost as opposed to mostly lost Also...don't assume that they know any of the lingo..I STILL have no idea what SMS and MMS stand for but have figured out for myself that one relates to text messages and the other to e-mail messages...I think. LOL
    Some really good ideas thanks for your help. Just for your reference SMS is text as MMS are picture/video messages.
    01-14-09 04:44 PM
    How about how not to upgrade any unofficial leaked OS unless you know enough about how to wipe, reload, etc ,should you run into any problems.
    01-14-09 05:03 PM
    Thought of more...

How to use the Desktop Manager as far as adding music, clicking and dragging onto files...etc

How to set up your blackberry email, and how to add other emails
    01-14-09 05:08 PM
    How to consolidate files into folders to cleanup the desktop on your phone. Or maybe just tell them which apps are of use and which apps are probably of no use to them.
    01-14-09 06:09 PM
    Good afternoon,

Thanks for your help.

Jason
    RTFM
    01-15-09 03:40 PM
    How about how not to upgrade any unofficial leaked OS unless you know enough about how to wipe, reload, etc ,should you run into any problems.
    Gets my vote. I'll go further, Don't Get Any Software From Illegal Websites.
    01-15-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD