I have four envelope icons on my desktop of my 8700g - all have different email addresses but they all receiving ALL emails my work email goes into the aol envelop and the T Mobile envelope and the blackberry envelope and all vice versa. HELP! What do I do?

Also my work email at my office computer comes up on Outlook as "Read" and I have missed alot of emails because they are not marked unread. How do I fix that?

HELP
    EMAIL ME at dj0751 aol dot com please??
    04-12-07 07:42 PM
    Welcome. For the first issue, just 'hide' all other email icons, except the 'message's one. So, from the home screen, scroll to one of the email icons you want to hide. Hold the ALT key, and press the thumbwheel. Doing this will give you a few options, hide, move etc...

As for the other issue, are you reading your work emails in an Outlook client, at the same time? If yes, and you're connected to BES, yes, it will be read since you've read it in a client (Outlook, Lotus, etc)...

Now, if that's not the case, then it's another issue.
    04-12-07 08:47 PM
    Welcome. For the first issue, just 'hide' all other email icons, except the 'message's one. So, from the home screen, scroll to one of the email icons you want to hide. Hold the ALT key, and press the thumbwheel. Doing this will give you a few options, hide, move etc...

As for the other issue, are you reading your work emails in an Outlook client, at the same time? If yes, and you're connected to BES, yes, it will be read since you've read it in a client (Outlook, Lotus, etc)...

Now, if that's not the case, then it's another issue.
    Must be another No, I am not reading my Outlook at my desk at the same time. I am usually home or somewhere else in the buidling. When I return to my desktop computer and open up Outlook I see "opened" envelopes from the top down, as if I DID sit and open them on my desktop computer....I read them from my BB, though....I didnt know that the BB "opens" them on my desktop too...???? Can you help me? Cuz I do miss seeing the unopened envelopes...it's my way of making sure I respond to those emails. Not having those prompts, I am likely not to respond.

Also what does "Handheld wins and desktop wins" mean???

David
    04-15-07 06:41 PM
    After you read an email, you can always go into the menu and mark that item as unopened. You can do that for all emails that you read from your BB, but don't respond to. That should fix your issue.

As far as "wins", that just tells the system who to take an order from when there is a conflict between the two.
    04-15-07 08:30 PM
    After you read an email, you can always go into the menu and mark that item as unopened. You can do that for all emails that you read from your BB, but don't respond to. That should fix your issue.

As far as "wins", that just tells the system who to take an order from when there is a conflict between the two.
    I tried that but the mail in my desktop machine still is "opened".......be patient with me - as I am a newbie!
    04-16-07 04:36 PM
    How are you getting the Outlook email to your device. Is it through BIS and an OWA account, or are you using redirector? Or maybe are you using BES?
    04-16-07 05:26 PM
    How are you getting the Outlook email to your device. Is it through BIS and an OWA account, or are you using redirector? Or maybe are you using BES?
    BIS through T Mobile. WHat is redirector? I was fooling with Desktop software - for the first time, then I erased the program because I dont see how it can be useful to me.....NOW I DON'T GET ANY EMAILS!! Help please. I need my emails - I am a doctor and I dont know how to get the emails back....
    04-17-07 08:35 PM
    If you're using BIS, you should get your email irrespective of the Desktop Manager (DM). So, on the device, I take it 'wireless' is ON, right?

If yes, log into your BIS account (T-Mobile) and verify it still see's your PIN for your particular BlackBerry. As soon as you log in, and go to the section to add/check your email accounts, if it's wrong (for whatever reason) it will ask you to verify the Pin / IMEI number...

Before I flood you with too much info, do the above first, then advise...
    04-17-07 09:11 PM
    If you're using BIS, you should get your email irrespective of the Desktop Manager (DM). So, on the device, I take it 'wireless' is ON, right?

If yes, log into your BIS account (T-Mobile) and verify it still see's your PIN for your particular BlackBerry. As soon as you log in, and go to the section to add/check your email accounts, if it's wrong (for whatever reason) it will ask you to verify the Pin / IMEI number...

Before I flood you with too much info, do the above first, then advise...
    My IT guy says "that's the way Blackberry's are" when I told him that the messages from work that go to my Blackberry remain "unread" until I read it. But at my desk, in Outlook, the messages are marked "read" (open envelope icons). That throws me off and I miss lots of messages. I have BIS , not Enterprise. How do I keep the Outlook messages as UNREAD until I actually go an d read them on my desktop machine??

Is there a setting I can toggle to stop this??? I have AOL, GMAIL and my WORK EMAIL on my BB. 8700g
    04-26-07 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD