I got my first smartphone/blackberry/cool phone ever! haha, and its a BOLD. I know I'm a little late, but better late than never right? And of course you know I have to join crackberry. even though i've been here for a while just reading up and browsing before i made my purchase.

And now with my new device in hand, is there anything I should know/do with my new little toy?
    09-13-09 05:43 PM
    ...and so you did it.

Browse the forums for cool and useful apps to download.
    09-13-09 05:52 PM
    okay so this might be a stupid question but i'm trying to set up one of my email accounts on my bb and its not a yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc account, its my schools email account. so what is my email server suppose to be? or is there somewhere where i can find this out. thanks.
    09-13-09 06:24 PM
    okay so this might be a stupid question but i'm trying to set up one of my email accounts on my bb and its not a yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc account, its my schools email account. so what is my email server suppose to be? or is there somewhere where i can find this out. thanks.
    Is you school's email configured for pop3 or imap access? How do you normally access it remotely? This info will help point you in the right direction.
    09-13-09 06:26 PM
    uhhh not sure which one it is. haha sorry i'm not completely email savvy. but i normally log into my "school account" which has all our information like classes etc and theres a link off that, that goes to our email account.
    09-13-09 06:31 PM
    Ask your school IT department for the email server settings.
    09-13-09 06:51 PM
    Most likely you'll be able to access it with at least pop3. Just get the settings and its actually pretty easy. If you need any help, there's plenty of us here that I'm sure can offer it. Good luck, and I hope you love your bold as much as I love mine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 08:44 PM
    Congrats on your Bold and great choice as it is still the best BB available IMO
    09-13-09 08:49 PM
    Okay awesome, thanks for your guys suggetions. I send the IT department an email but after that when browsing around on my schools website I found it. So thats all taken care of now.

And so far I'm really enjoying it. Have been playing with it all day haha.
    09-13-09 09:06 PM
    09-13-09 09:53 PM
    Bold doesn't like children and people who don't know how to use it. It punishes the weak minded.

09-13-09 10:09 PM
    I just picked up a Bold last month myself. By far it's the best BB I've ever used.

My previous ones are company owned phones that I really liked, but didn't quite get enough out of. A 7520 (iDen phone) and a 8703e (CDMA).

I find that the Bold gets better signal strength and the browser is better than either of those two phones. Also having Wifi is a major plus.
    09-13-09 11:20 PM
    And just cause my service is ATT, I can dl and upgrade my OS from any carrier right? (ie Rogers, Vodafone, etc)
    09-14-09 12:27 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.
    09-14-09 12:59 AM
    And just cause my service is ATT, I can dl and upgrade my OS from any carrier right? (ie Rogers, Vodafone, etc)
    Yes. As long as u delete the vendor xml.

09-14-09 07:12 AM
    I just traded my iPhone 3G for the Bold -
    09-14-09 07:14 AM
    Welcome to the world of bold lovers
    09-14-09 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD