Hi. New to blackberry but really excited for the change to a smart-phone!

I just got the Blackberry Pearl 8130 and everything has been great. However I just went to respond to a text message and realized that it was no longer recognizing my words. It was as if there was no dictionary installed. I checked in the options and it seems fine. Any ideas?

Any help should be broken down as much as you can get it. I new remember?

Thanks!
    06-08-08 05:10 PM
    BUMP, I'm not sure, but someone should post and give you some help...
    06-08-08 10:35 PM
    Thanks JasonHDD I agree someone should post with some helpful information.

Here's the weird thing...I turned the phone off and then back on, went through a bunch of options in the options icon and somehow it started working. Not sure what I did or didn't do but it is working now. However, if anyone knows why it would have done this to begin with and how to correct it I would love to know incase it happens again.

Thanks!
    lr
    06-08-08 10:58 PM
    Go in and look at your dictionary and see if your commonly used words are in there. If not, you can manually add them. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 11:04 PM
    @laurenrice: I'm glad you got it fixed... did you try what jenaywins suggested?
    Anyhow, welcome to CB..see ya around
    06-08-08 11:11 PM
    Welcome 2 crackberry.com
    06-09-08 09:40 AM
    I checked the dictionary and everything was stored in there. However, it did reboot on its own yesterday and I realize now after reading through most posts that it is necessary to always turn the phone off atleast once a day to reboot. (now I know!). I think it just need to be powercycled.

It works now though. Thanks for the suggestions!
    06-09-08 03:41 PM
    Welcome to CB
    06-09-08 04:20 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    06-10-08 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD