I'm not currently a smartphone user but am VERY interested in a BB. (Curve 8530, please).

I'm worried about the monthly cost of a BB or any smartphone on VZW. My current phone is an env2 and my bill breaks down as follows:

450 minutes $39.99
    Unltd. in txting + 500 to other carriers $10

My bill is always something like $67 - $70 though, with fees, taxes, surcharges, etc. So I'm going to add to THAT another $30 for an unltd. BB data plan? I'm trying to cut down as much as I can but seriously, any rumors of VZ releasing a less expensive unltd. plan?
    11-16-09 01:01 PM
    Expensive is a relative term. If you don't need a smartphone and all the related
    ancillary fees, yes it is.

If you do need those features, it's worth every penny.

For me it's worth it, I can well afford it and I do not feel it is too expensive.
    11-16-09 02:00 PM
    You may want to consider another carrier as well. I pay $79.83/Mo. for unlimited talk/text/and BB Data at T-Mobile (the same on VZW is $140/Mo.). They're not as fast nor have as much coverage as Verizon, but depending on your area and needs, may suit you just fine for much less money.
    11-16-09 02:05 PM
    Will you use all of the features to justify the cost? What do you want as a priority?
    If you just want a flash phone and will mainly use voice calls and text then maybe a smart phone isn't for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 10:44 AM
    yes, but what isn't expensive in life.
    11-17-09 04:01 PM
    I defiantly feel that 30 bucks is to expensive especially if their is more than one account on the bill I pay $60 just for bb service. Unfortunately once you go data it is hard going back.

11-17-09 04:06 PM
    If you can't afford the appropriate plan, then most likely you don't need a smartphone.
    11-17-09 05:09 PM
    Check Sprint. For $70 per month you get 700 min talk, data and text are unlimited.

11-17-09 07:59 PM
    Other carriers may not work for you because their not as good. But yes Verizon is expensive. What do you feel you need a blackberry for? If you just want to be able to check emails, browse the web, this site, and things like that, Keep your current phone and just add Vpak for $15 a month, instead of needing blackberrys $30 BIS plan.
    11-18-09 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD