I have had my curve for three days and have noticed my browser is slow at times. Any ideas for this? Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 10:41 PM
    Clear the cache and cookies then do a battery pull.
    12-03-08 10:46 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Clearing the Browser Cache is counter productive. The cache is used to speed up the Brower response by keeping objects like icons and images in memory. When cleared, it will have to download each of them again.

The Brower Cache is cleared when you pull the battery, but in normal operation it will grow to 2 Mb then remain stable. Older and infrequently used objects are pushed out to make room for new objects.

You can demonstrate this for yourself. Clear the cache, load a known fast site like Google while noting the time. Press Menu / Go To ... the same site. Compare the difference, it is pretty dramatic. Complex sites really benefit from a cache.

Your BlackBerry uses a modern wireless network connection, but it is still comparable to a fast dial up modem. There will be obvious delays if the content is large. That puts a premium on the Browser Cache, it really speeds things up.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 12-04-08 at 05:47 PM.
    12-04-08 10:49 AM