Hi.

Thanks to this forum I have separated my SMS and Emails into separate folders and have hidden my "messages" folder.

When my phone is locked and i receive a new message I only get one icon appearing no matter if its an email or SMS. So if i got 3 emails and 1 sms it would still be the envelope with a 4 next to it. Once i unlock it I can see if its a message in one of my email accounts or SMS.

Is there any way that I can set it up so there is a separate icon indicating new email and new SMS?

Thanks in advance

Melon
    10-25-08 12:11 PM
    That may be theme controlled. Try a new theme see if it changes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-08 12:16 PM
    If your using a theme other than the preloaded ones, it can control your message folder.. go into your message folder click bb button and go to options...under general options go to sms and email inboxes... should have options of theme controlled, combined or seperate... choose seperate and then you will see two folders on your home screen, one for e-mail and one for sms
    10-25-08 12:25 PM
    Thanks, for your help. My issue is with the new message indicators at the top of the screen when the bb is locked.

My Theme is BB Dimension L and I have already selected Seperate in teh options, not theme controlled.

On my home screen (with the L icons) I can see separate email and SMS folders. However, when locked the new message indicator icon at the top of the screen is teh same for email and sms.
    10-25-08 12:32 PM
    sorry.. misunderstood you... i see what you mean now, I don't know of anyway to change that, once again sorry I couldn't help
    10-25-08 12:50 PM
    I would be interested in knowing as well.
    10-25-08 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD