I should probably be able to figure this out, but I'm having a brain freeze. I'd like to be able to call up the e-mail address of someone in my contact list and send that information as the body of an e-mail message to someone else. Is there an easy way to do this on the 8310 Curve?

Many thanks.
    12-10-08 07:11 AM
    Ah, well; guess not. I just did the kludgey copy and paste into e-mail method. They have so many other features for enabling data sharing, like auto copying a URL into memory, that it seems a shame they didn't cover this base. Sharing contact info seems something one would do frequently, especially in a corporate environment.
    12-11-08 06:44 AM
    I think you bring up address book > scoll to contact > don't open but hit menu key and than you can email as an attachment. Something I do right along. I will check later and verify for sure. But bottom line you do not need to cut and paste.
    12-11-08 06:47 AM
    I think you bring up address book > scoll to contact > don't open but hit menu key and than you can email as an attachment. Something I do right along. I will check later and verify for sure. But bottom line you do not need to cut and paste.
    Teal nailed it. Go into Contacts and hilight the contact and press menu. Scroll down to Send As Attachment.
    12-11-08 06:59 AM
    Gotcha. Thanks, appreciate the info.
    12-11-08 07:09 AM
    Thanks Bob. I just verified also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 07:17 AM
    Okay, you gurus, here's a related question:

I received an e-mail from someone already in my contact list, but they used a different address than the one I have on file for them. If I highlight the address and add to contacts, it opens up a new contact because of course it doesn't know the person is already there. Is there a clever way to add the new address to the existing contact record?

12-11-08 07:25 PM
    I tried this once before and I couldn't get it to work. I'm not saying it's not possible but, I couldn't figure it out.
    12-11-08 07:27 PM
    Meh. I tried to get creative and add him in, and discovered the address book will happily let you have two contacts with identical names but different info. I would have assumed the name were a unique key but I guess it has to allow for two John Smiths in the world. Still kind of annoying.

12-11-08 07:53 PM
    You can stop duplicate names by going to address book > options>allow duplicate names (or not)

I allow and do the house cleaning every so often in Outlook. But, to each their own.
    12-11-08 08:25 PM
    Okay. My evil plan was to have it recognize the name was already there, and see whether it then gave the option of inserting the new data into the existing record. I'll have to try again with duplicates disabled. I don't use Outlook so this is purely a Berry thing for me.

12-11-08 08:30 PM
    It would be nice if our BB address book had some of that functionality you are looking for but alas it doesn't. I find BB calendar even more lacking but I use it of course.
    12-11-08 08:34 PM
    Heh. Of course.
    12-12-08 06:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD