(Not 100% sure if this is the correct forum, but this seems like a pretty n00bish question).

I'm a complete and utter n00b here, though I've been lurking for a while, reading your wonderful and helpful reviews of various devices. Finally, I picked up a Curve a few days ago and I absolutely LOVE it.

My one problem is in the case of ringtones. I've downloaded a few from the sites you guys are big fans of and those sound fabulous. With my past phones (particularly with my evil Razr, which was my last phone), I would take one of my MP3s into Audacity on my PC, edit it, export it as an MP3 and email it straight to my phone. The quality was always great in this case, so it was a great way for me to get tones for myself.

When I do this with my Curve, the sound is awful- full of feedback, fuzzy, cracking, etc.

So what's the deal? Does anyone know why this is happening? I have a feeling I'm skipping a step or something crucial.

Thanks for advice!

Oh, PS: I keep trying to get to websites that say I need to activate Java to view them, though I can't quite figure out how to do this on the Curve. How would I go about doing that?

Thank you so much, you guys!

Angelique
    07-29-07 12:51 AM
    Well, I managed to fix the problem by directly synching the BB to my laptop with the cord, rather than trying to email the file.

I'm still somewhat curious why the old way wasn't working though!
    07-29-07 03:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD