Hi,

I downloaded some free ringtones from the site ( thanks! ) but when I looked at my curve - it shows that even though they are in the ringtone category - they dont show up as RINGTONE xoxoxox just the mp3 file and they are very long...do I need to convert them?
    09-24-08 10:17 AM
    Hi,

I downloaded some free ringtones from the site ( thanks! ) but when I looked at my curve - it shows that even though they are in the ringtone category - they dont show up as RINGTONE xoxoxox just the mp3 file and they are very long...do I need to convert them?
    Some ringtones are longer thane others, but your BB will only ring so long. On long ones it wont play the entire file, your BB will go to viocemail before that.
    09-24-08 10:23 AM
    The ones from CB tend to show as numbers rather than the song title.

I have dl from here, and they work great. you shouldn't have to change anything. Did you try attaching one to a contact or something in your profiles to test it?

I think you might be able to rename them, but not sure, as I haven't tried too. I am sure someone who might know for sure will chime in.

another great source for tones is Zedge | Free ringtones, themes, wallpapers, videos and games for your cell phone - Free your phone! you have to register but everything is free. Those will list by name.
    09-24-08 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD