OK I must be really slow because I am just not getting it. I have removed the apps that I could buy go thru options/advanced. My free space is still 3675572, is this ok? My free space also jumps around alot even if I have not added anything no messages, calls nothing. So what do I do now? I do not understand the whole walk thou to do it on the desktop, not sure what can be deleted, and dont want to mess anything up. PLease help!!!
    thx
    08-30-08 02:41 PM
    Check out the link in my signature for step by step to freeing up some memory.
    08-30-08 03:20 PM
    ... My free space is still 3675572, is this ok? ?nothing.

...I do not understand the whole walk thou to do it on the desktop, not sure what can be deleted, and dont want to mess anything up. PLease help!!!
    thx
    You have about 3.6 Mb of free memory, that is still in the critical zone.

Your best bet will be to use CrackMem. It automates the process once you have the correct software installed. The Help section covers what you need to know and you can count on us for help along the way.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/

One of the reason I suggest using CrackMem, you can use a single button to restore everything to it's original condition is you run into problems.
    Last edited by Reed; 08-30-08 at 03:55 PM.
    08-30-08 03:53 PM
    Check out the link in my signature for step by step to freeing up some memory.
    So can I just say thank you so very much
    I think my biggest problem was that I wasn't gettin the part that I am supposed to download the OS to my PC. So thank you for that extra advice there. Seems to be running smooth. And I now have like 18990000, somthin like that in memory, so that is good now right. Well thanks again, Im so excited to have some space.
    08-30-08 07:21 PM
    Yes just under 19MB is a good buffer. 12MB is the lowest point recommened before automated memory clearing of call logs, messagesn and email happens. Depending on what 3rd party apps you use, what apps run in the background, will determine how often you will want to reboot your BB to clear temporary memory usage. On my BB I tend to drop down about 10-12MB in one week. That is freed up upon reboot. Plus regular maintenance of clearing the browser cache if you browse the interenet a lot will help reduce space used. Removing old messages, emails and call log entries (or setting it to remove any of that stuff older than whatever you prefer 30 days for example). So once a week or every other week check the free memory to see how things are. But as long as you don't go wild adding themes and new apps you should have little to no worries from here out as long as you reboot periodically (I do so every friday after I backup my BB) and don't let messages pile up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD