I have been removing some applications from my Curve 8310 and have a couple of questions about what some of them actually do.

I would like to know that the app store is used for and if I need it?

Also the Blackberry messenger, what is that used for and do I need it?

Thanks in advance for the information.
    12-03-08 07:06 PM
    app store is a service book you really can't get rid of it. highlight the icon hit the menu button then hide. bb messenger is used as an im client between people with blackberries if you don't plan on using it get rid of it
    12-03-08 07:08 PM
    Yeah, what he said...beat again - you type too fast blue! lol
    12-03-08 07:10 PM
    lol sorry
    12-03-08 07:11 PM
    12-03-08 07:12 PM
    More apps to load at my last link below, then you can delete those too

Welcome to Crackberry!

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues. Or search by Post content...

Launch your addiction into the next dimension. Go to wap.crackberry.com (from your phone) and install your CB Launcher.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

No worries Intervention is not in our vocabulary here, enjoy your addiction to the fullest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 07:18 PM
    WOW!!! Thanks so much to all of you for the valuable information.

The app store one had me stumped because it was listed on my blackberry manager with a box that I could check to add or remove it. At first I removed it and then thought hmmmm..... I better find out what that does first.

I love this site and all the wonderful, helpful and totally knowledgeable people here.

Thanks again
    12-03-08 07:31 PM
    Hold off deleting bbm. It is likely you'll make friends here and you'll want to talk via bbm. You can have realtime conversations and send media files back and forth from your berry. Unlike some IM programs, if you delete bbm, you will need to reinstall it via your pc.

Welcome to CrackBerry.
    12-03-08 08:44 PM
    i agree wit exelant ...and welcome to cb
    there will be a need for bb mssgr
    12-03-08 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD