I Lurk no more, lol. I have been waiting on the BB Storm since July when I first saw an article. It was an tormented time for me, reading everything I could get my eyes on, sitting through the delays. Well, I no longer have lurker status, traded my Treo 755p in and was able to join CrackBerry as a legitimate BB owner. It's been great so far, I love this thing.

I have two questions that are probably easy answers for someone here. First, when I get a text message, I get an audible notification and it does display a envelope on the screen, but the issue I am having is that the phone does not "wake up" from sleep mode... in other words the screen stays black untill I physically "wake it up" by pushing a button. Is this normal for the Storm to do this? My fear is at work, I will have the phone on silent and will not "see" a message come in.

2nd question, this one sorta scares me, when I try to use the video camera, the device crashes. Initially it works fine, then everything locks up and I must remove the battery, to reset the phone. Has anyone sen this issue? I will post it also on the Storm forum.

Once again, I am happy to hang up my lurker status and be afforded a full membership at CrackBerry.
    11-23-08 10:18 AM
    Hello and welcome, from a fellow ex-lurker and ex-Treo user!

I can't answer specifically about the Storm, but on the Curve the behavior is the same when a text message is received. However, the LED starts to flash red, which is pretty hard to miss on the Curve.

About your device crashing when you use the video camera: does it do this only after you actually take a video? If so, could you be saving the video to internal memory? On the Curve, it forces the video to go to the media card. Don't know if it's the same on the Storm. If saving to internal memory, I could imagine the new video forcing a low memory situation and crashing the device. Just a total guess on my part; hopefully you'll get better answers in the Storm section.

Good luck!
    11-23-08 11:08 AM

Hello & welcome to the CB family!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 11:15 AM
    Congrats on the blackberry!!!!

11-23-08 11:15 AM
    Hello and welcome, from a fellow ex-lurker and ex-Treo user!

I can't answer specifically about the Storm, but on the Curve the behavior is the same when a text message is received. However, the LED starts to flash red, which is pretty hard to miss on the Curve.

About your device crashing when you use the video camera: does it do this only after you actually take a video? If so, could you be saving the video to internal memory? On the Curve, it forces the video to go to the media card. Don't know if it's the same on the Storm. If saving to internal memory, I could imagine the new video forcing a low memory situation and crashing the device. Just a total guess on my part; hopefully you'll get better answers in the Storm section.

Good luck!
    I'll look over there, honestly I don't know where the videos are "attempting" to be saved to, with the Treo it asks you after you take the vid, so I guess, I 'll keep looking around and trying different things.
    11-23-08 03:03 PM
    Welcome to cb!

11-23-08 03:05 PM
    11-23-08 03:23 PM
    Welcome newbie...
    11-24-08 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD