hello, my wife and I both have new 8330's. aftter about 4 days both of them quit putting out and recieving calls. we were told to remove the battery and re-install.( neither one of us had alot of used memory yet.) It worked. however, is this a common practice? Do these things get viruses? If so, is there anti-virus software for BB?
    10-19-08 08:26 PM
    they dont get viruses however battery pulls and resets quite common I pull about once a week
    10-19-08 08:27 PM
    Yes, the "battery pull" is often referred to as a cure-all for all that ails your BlackBerry. There are some very smart folks around here that strongly advocate AGAINST pulling the battery. There's a simpler (and quite possibly less drastic) way to reset and reboot.

On your Curve, push and hold the "alt" key the right shift key and the delete key. It's sort of like a ctrl-alt-del on a windows computer. Your berry will go dark with the red LED lit. It'll then reboot.

Alternatively (and for those with Pearls), you can download and install an app called "soft reset" which does the same thing.
    10-19-08 08:36 PM
    Well it just that battery pulls can mess your phones OS up. That's why they say not to do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-08 08:38 PM
    There are some that are so against battery pulls but if you talk to RIM trying to get help, the first thing they ask you is... Did you pull your battery yet to try and fix?
    10-19-08 08:39 PM
    I've always done battery pulls but I'll try the alt shift del thing. Sounds easier anyways.
    10-19-08 10:08 PM
    Be sure that you close all apps you start by hitting menu then close, or they will stay running in memory.
    10-20-08 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD