I know some phones do this (not sure which ones) and I was curious if by BB pearl will. When sending an SMS the BB enforces the character limit of 160, but some phones will let you type until your finished then break the message in 160 character segments and send the multiple messages. Is there a setting that will allow the BB to do this?
    10-30-08 11:51 AM
    I'm on an 8830 and nope. Strict limit enforced, they give tickets for going over

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 11:54 AM
    Not sure if that's possible. When I plan on sending a long message, I use MMS. MMS allows you to send 1,000 characters. You just have to know if the person receiving the message has MMS.

10-30-08 11:56 AM
    To mungera,
    I didn't mean to actually send a message with more than 160 characters. But to be able to type the whole message at once and have the BB break it into seperate 160 character messages and send each. Instead of opening a message, typing 160 characters, sending, opening a new one, then sending the rest. Just make the blackberry do that for you?

to skullgame,
    I would definetly use that all the time if I had mms, but the plan i have doesn't include that so its either sms or bbmessenger for me ( and i definitely use bbmessenger if they have a bb )
    10-30-08 12:07 PM
    The blackberry will not do what you're asking. It will cut you off at 160 and you will need to send and open a new message.
    10-30-08 01:13 PM
    first, awesome avatar. second, is there any 3rd party software I could download that would do this?
    10-30-08 02:14 PM
    Thanks, I LMAO everytime I see those commercials, I like the clown one most, but thought this one more appropriate for crackberry.
    I have never seen one. Also, this is provider based. A 3rd party software would not be able to override the block set by your carrier. I've heard someone's trying to make one, but nothing yet.
    10-30-08 02:23 PM
    I have the pearl 8110 and it does what you're talking about. When I send a txt, if I'm over the 160 limit, it let's me keep typing and says at the top '2 of 2'. It doesn't make me stop, send the 160 characters and then start again, it let's me keep typing

10-30-08 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD