Since getting my BlackBerry 5 days ago, I've been visiting this site quite a bit and have been pleased with the amount of information I've found here. However, I can't seem to find the answers to a couple of questions, so I guess I'll ask them here.

1) OS 4.5, the official version anyways, is supposed to go live on my carrier sometime in October. I've read the threads and posts with regards to getting early copies either from links found in some topics on these forums or through bittorrent sites, but I've decided to wait until I can get the version officially sanctioned by my carrier. When it goes live, do you suppose it will be available OTA? I know that these sorts of things can vary from carrier to carrier, but I guess I'm really just wondering if it has been done this way before.

2) How often do the Operating Systems change, and does the update become mandatory when a Service Provider begins to carry the new OS?
    09-10-08 10:17 PM
    1) No, to much of a change.

2) minor updates every couple of months or longer. I haven't seen anything mandatory.
    09-10-08 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD