Hi, I have deleted one of my contacts in messenger, however it was by accident and now i want to reinstate the contact. I have redone the process several times, and the person can instigate messenger with me, just that they dont appear in my contact list so I cant find them to instigate a communication myself. My contact list says 15/16 and when I do have a messenger dialogue going with the person their status is displayed as "unauthorized"..?? Probably a stupid Q but does anyone know how to solve this and reinstate the deleted contact ? Appreciate any advice. Tks
    11-19-08 06:58 AM
    Scroll down below your Contacts and see if there is a heading called Pending... if so click there and allow this contact.
    11-19-08 07:09 AM
    trucky, thanks but no, its not pending
    11-19-08 07:28 AM
    hmmm, maybe you can have your friend delete you and then you add them with their PIN...
    11-19-08 09:46 AM
    Hi MJBB I am facing the same problem ...... and the question we should answer is how to change a contact from unauthorized to active. If you find out please tell me. cheers
    11-19-08 01:03 PM
    I got it. I deleted the contact and we pulled the batteries from both bberry. After I invited again and the contact became "active".
    11-19-08 01:57 PM
    ok, i have pulled the batteries out etc etc, my 'deleted' messenger contacts never returned, and i have just requested and received the deleted contact again but it does not show up in my contact list so i cannot instigate messenger with that person.....this is really irritating !!
    surely others have mistakenly deleted someone and tried to replace them with out this glitch/problem ?? sos !
    11-24-08 04:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD