Ive been trying for the last two days to install the OS 4.5. When I goto Desktop Manager>help>about>device software it says I have a v4.3.0.93 Pearl 8110 software installed which I dont. Ive looked through my add/remove programs and theres nothing there about the pearl. Is there somewhere in my registry that I can take it out.
    10-02-08 06:00 PM
    Try to use crackmem.maybe that will help out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 07:27 PM
    If your options > About says that you have 4.3.0.93, then that is the OS your running? But otherwise, I'm not sure what your trying to say about taking it out in your registry.
    10-02-08 07:31 PM
    I think your DM is offering the operating system it has available. Either you need to load 4.5 onto your PC, or maybe also upgrage your Desktop Manager software.

You don't want to go messing in registry entries for this issue, that sounds like fixing the symptoms but not the cause.
    10-02-08 08:38 PM
    Mine correctly reports both the Pearl and several OS versions for the Curve.

Open Windows Control Panel / Programs / Uninstall. You will see an entry for each of the currently installed OS versions. If you have one that is not needed, remove it from the control panel.

It should not be necessary to edit the registry, much better to let the control panel do that for you.
    10-03-08 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD