sometimes on my bbm it will show i have a message but i really wont. I can close all converstations and it will still show that i have a message. I even check my messages to make sure i dont have any unread. I have to do a battery pull in order to get the smily face with a number one off of my screen. I asked a buddy whose been using bbm for a while and he didnt kno either. i hope this isnt a stupid question. thx for the help

Jake
    09-09-08 04:14 PM
    Maybe someone was requesting you add them. Happened to me once, too.
    09-09-08 04:18 PM
    Yeah, I had that issue w/ my curve. Most of the time, I didn't notice a pending friend request, but sometimes it did that even with nothing. Try power cycling your phone if that doesn't work, try a battery pull.

One of those 2 always solved it for me.
    09-09-08 04:24 PM
    he said he already did a bat pull. yeah if its not a pending request, i hate to say it you may have to remove bbm and then reinstall it
    09-09-08 04:29 PM
    he said he already did a bat pull. yeah if its not a pending request, i hate to say it you may have to remove bbm and then reinstall it
    Whoops, sorry I skimmed it, and overlooked that.
    09-09-08 04:31 PM
    i made sure i didnt have a pending friend request so ive checked everything that yall have said so far. i mean its not that big of a deal where i want to remove bbm. i just didnt know if there was a quick fix
    09-09-08 04:33 PM
    i mean its not a hard process to remove it and put it back on. it may take you like 15 mins or so
    09-09-08 04:35 PM
    i guess its what ill have to do then. o well
    09-09-08 04:37 PM
    [QUOTE=madhatter66;702876]sometimes on my bbm it will show i have a message but i really wont. I can close all converstations and it will still show that i have a message. I even check my messages to make sure i dont have any unread. I have to do a battery pull in order to get the smily face with a number one off of my screen. I asked a buddy whose been using bbm for a while and he didnt kno either. i hope this isnt a stupid question. thx for the help

Jake[/QUOTE

It is probably a missed call. Just go to the call log and delete the missed calls and it will go off! It drove me crazy until I figured it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 04:41 PM
    why would a missed call have the bbm icon pop up?
    09-09-08 05:17 PM
    Its not a missed called I've triple checked to make sure I didn't have an email sms or request on bbm.

09-09-08 05:49 PM
    why would a missed call have the bbm icon pop up?
    Anytime I have a missed call it pops up. When I delete it in the phone log it goes away.

It may be related to the theme I'm using.
    09-09-08 05:57 PM
    Yea, I just couldn't imagine why the bbm smiley face icon would pop up because of a missed call

09-09-08 09:41 PM
    Yea, I just couldn't imagine why the bbm smiley face icon would pop up because of a missed call

Actually that happened from my Curve a few times. It only got stuck if I had a missed call. After I saw the missed call, it never went away. Maybe with both, there's some kind of glitch? Hmm...weird. But a battery pull or restart always seemed to fix it for me.
    09-09-08 10:31 PM
    have you gone into bb msgr and then hit the bb button then hit close and then do a batt. pull i know u have done a pull but try that first then do it
    it worked for me i had that problem and i also had a red light stay on my curve
    and about dis installing your msngr its not hard at all
    09-09-08 10:38 PM
    I haven't tried that yet but of course after I asked yall the question the problem hasn't popped bk up. Thx for the help everyone

09-09-08 11:39 PM
    ok so i was informed earlier that battery pulls are not good advice, so maybe you should really just remove bbm and reinstall it
    09-10-08 01:52 PM
    ok so i was informed earlier that battery pulls are not good advice, so maybe you should really just remove bbm and reinstall it
    you should never pull a battery out without powering down the phone first if you can help it, no. But I'm pretty sure the not a good idea part is rubbish. U can lose data you don't save etc but it isn't going to kill your device.

From what I understand on some phones, a battery pull is the only way to clear memory again. I always did a battery pull on my curve about once a month and it seemed to speed it up a bit.
    09-10-08 03:09 PM
    This has happened to me only a couple times. I noticed when you are sending alot of messages back and forth it will sometimes make my red light stay on and will not turn off. Last time this happened I was talking to BMcClure937 and we were sending messages back and forth pretty quickly and it did this. Maybe too much too quick? Got me guys...
    09-10-08 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD