so i'm new to the bb and internet browsing. what do i need to do if a website said i need to update my browser? i was trying to see showtimes for a movie theater( it was the website for imax in sacramento) and i got half of the page. on another note, what's a good screen protector for the curve?
    09-06-08 03:13 AM
    The BlackBerry browser is not a full implementation if Internet EXplorer. The major omission is Flash. This may have been the message that you saw.

You should also look at which options youo have checked in the browsers Options.

The browser has been updated over time and later Operating Systems have a better browser. OS 4.5's browser is very good indeed - but still no Flash.

Some people like to use www.operamini.com as a free replacement browser, but there's still no Flash.

I use Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page for screen/phone protectors. They work well and are cheap.
    09-06-08 03:50 AM
    thanks pete6
    09-06-08 03:54 AM
    Welcome to CB!

Pete6 is totally right with the Flash part, I also run into some issues with Java while im browsing around aswell.

There are some really good apps that can help you out with local show times and aswell as other helpful updates.

I will apolagize in advance because i do not have a link on hand..... work computer *sigh* But i am sure someone else can key in, and help you out with that.

cheers! and enjoy the addiction!
    09-06-08 08:33 AM
    i use mobile.fandango.com for showtimes and to buy tickets!

Fandango

works great on the BB!

Live Search is a good app that also shows movie times and location!

Untitled Page from your BB.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-06-08 at 01:03 PM.
    09-06-08 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD