I want to be able to have conversations through my car audio system from my Blackberry. What equipment is needed to make that happen? I want a simple solution. Help please.

Thanks!
    05-22-08 10:18 AM
    If your vehicle is BlueTooth capable, you can sync your device through your stereo. Many vehicles allow this capability nowadays but if not, you can purchase a Bluetooth Handsfree Car Kit. Myself, I have built in ability through my vehicle stereo system so unfortunately, I cannot recommend a good brand of car kit to buy but this is what you require.

Happy Trails
    05-22-08 11:45 AM
    Thanks for the information. Do you know anything about using a cassette adapter? I wonder if that would work also?
    05-22-08 01:02 PM
    Interesting...I was thinking about something like that too...being able to talk through the car's audio system is sweet!
    05-22-08 01:20 PM
    Yeah, it's a great option. Many vehicles by Chrysler, Dodge, Ford and Honda/Acura have built in capability. You pair the device (sync it) to your stereo and when a call comes through, your audio mutes and dependent on how advanced your system is, it will read out the caller/number or just state incoming call. you can say answer and you will be talking through a mic. built into your stereo and the stereo speakers act as your earphone. If you do not have a built in system, you would buy the kit. Not sure how it hooks up but if you're thinking about something similar to the days when if you did not have a cd player, you could pop a cassette like device in and plug it into a regular discman, those days are becoming obsolete
    Last edited by digitaldisguise; 05-22-08 at 01:48 PM.
    05-22-08 01:41 PM
    How about a low tech solution. I have a few old cars and just use a FM transmitter plugged into my Sansa, BB, or whatever. Reception can be crappy by todays standards but it works and can be a cheap solution.
    05-22-08 01:54 PM
    Nice! Maybe I should try that out.
    05-22-08 01:55 PM
    Welcome 2 CB.com
    05-22-08 07:25 PM
    Welcome to CRACKberry and the family. Have fun and enjoy!!
    05-24-08 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD