Hi all! I've been lurking here for quite a while now, pondering making the switch from my Motorola Q to a Blackberry. Well, the other day I woke up to discover that my 'up' key had stopped working overnight and that was the end of my fence sitting. (This was in addition to the wicked screen buzz, the fact that when you typed 'that' or 'what' it would continue typing 'atatatatatatatat' until you hit the space bar, the daily need to do a battery pull, the multiple hard resets, and the fact that it had already been sent away for warranty 3 times in less than a year! You'd think I'd have given up sooner, but maybe I'm stubborn. Or stupid.) Anyway, I bought myself the 8130 two days ago and I am sooo happy with it! I have been playing with it since I got it and haven't had to pull the battery once! Wow.

In case there are any other fence sitters out there, I found the transition between the Q and the Pearl to be quite painless. I sucessfully transferred all my contacts, downloaded some wallpapers, moved my ringtones, reloaded my SD card, and have learned Suretype. After being used to the Q's qwerty keyboard, I was a bit worried about that but the Suretype works very well. I love the Pearl's smaller size, and the fact that it just works!

And I have to thank all the Crackberry contributors. It would not have been such an easy transition without all your knowledge. So thanks guys, and thanks for getting me addicted!
    12-30-07 10:51 AM
    Glad you made the switch,you wont be dissipionted,so spread the word my good man,spread the word.
    12-30-07 10:55 AM
    Glad you made the switch, you won't go back.
    12-30-07 11:01 AM
    yes, you will love the pearl, as i do. congrats on the switch and welcome!
    12-30-07 11:35 AM
    good choice for a switch. You will love the pearl!
    12-30-07 11:38 AM
    People said it'd take me about 5-7 days to get used to, but I made the adjustment in 3 days. Have a blast with it
    12-30-07 12:58 PM
    Good deal, Suretype is cool and having a phone that works is priceless!
    12-30-07 04:21 PM
    nice move welcome to our world...
    12-30-07 07:55 PM
    Welcome aboard
    Best choice you could have ever made. Your stuck now.
    01-02-08 09:42 AM
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! It's been a week now and I'm still loving it. I've named my Berry "Stella" because she's helping me get my groove back, I've gotten her a black skin and a white skin, and we are officially inseparable! Now onto week 2 of the addiction...
    01-05-08 02:57 PM
    welcome to the crack...

-db
    01-05-08 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD