1. jenniferdawn0's Avatar
    Hey so I have few questions I'm new to blackberrys all together and I love them but I have so many problems with mine I've replaced it three times since I've have it (3 months) technical issues... But recently my my phone went offine and turned off and when I went to pick it up it shocked me.... Wtf is up with that?!
    11-21-08 06:06 PM
  2. thepaintedpony's Avatar
    I've never heard of a cell phone shocking anyone just by picking it up... was it possibly in the charger, and the charger damaged (i.e. wet)?

    The battery could be wet/damaged, but this is the first time I've heard of it actually giving a shock.

    BTW, welcome to CB!
    11-21-08 07:55 PM
  3. jenniferdawn0's Avatar
    No it wasn't on the charger and the phone hasn't been near water this phone is only a couple weeks old... I have no idea why it shocked me but it did no way it way static electricity I have no carpeting or anything that would generate it in my house!

    Thanks!
    11-21-08 11:12 PM
  4. maz94protege's Avatar
    Sorry to hear your having so many problems with you 8130. I loved my 8100, but switched carriers and got an 8830. Still any blackberry is goos.

    No idea what is makibg ur phone shock you though.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 11:27 PM
  5. thepaintedpony's Avatar
    So Jenn... I mean no disrespct... so please don't take any (we're really only here to help).

    Of the other phones you had (you said you've replaced phones 3x's), were those symptoms similar to this recent one?

    Let's just say I've had a lllooonnnggg history with cell phones and have NEVER had to replace 3 of them (consecutively OR over a long period of time).

    I'm trying to understand if there is a common set of circumstances making them "go bad".

    PM me if you have other details you don't want to share.
    11-22-08 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD