Hi guys,

Relative newbie here, had my BB Pearl for about a month and this site has been invaluable to me for setting stuff up and so on.

It also means I'm now obsessed with this site! But when I try to go to it in the blackberry browser I get the following error:

"HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable

The server is currently unable to handle your request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. Please try loading a different page. Contact your service provider if this problem persists."

Any ideas?
    10-06-08 05:54 AM
    I'm able to access it without no problems. I use the following address to access it on my bb.
    http://forums.crackberry.com

Try accessing it without the www, and try using the Default blackberry browser to see if that fixes the problem.
    10-06-08 09:17 AM
    Cdf3 is correct! Most times this issue is resolved by removing the www and replacing it with wap. When you select Go To the www auto populates!

You can also try clearing your cache.

Make sure your browser is set up correctly as well. All the boxes should be checked. While in browser: Menu- Options-Browser Configuration. Emulation Mode set to Blackberry. Content Mode set to WML & HTML.

wap.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-06-08 at 09:30 AM.
    10-06-08 09:25 AM
    I have CB set as my home page because I too am addicted. I was having the same problem and by doing as the previous have stated and setting it as my home page I have overcome this porblem. BERRY ON!
    10-06-08 10:10 AM
    Hurrah! thanks guys, I had one box unchecked and it seems to have sorted things.
    Am downloading CB launcher now
    10-06-08 11:43 AM
    Awesome! Have fun!

10-06-08 11:56 AM
    Am loving being able to use CB on my berry. Weird thing tho, did a battery pull to free up some file free memory, and now the icon has changed colour! Weird!
    10-07-08 04:41 AM
    You can change the color by going to options/CB launcher/ then change color.

10-07-08 04:49 AM
    Ah, excellent! It's a constant learning curve this thing! Thanks Greg!

10-07-08 05:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD