I have internet & email with Telus, but my cell phone has always been with Rogers. So after getting a BB at work, I thought I'd upgrade my Rogers cell phone to a blackberry. Now am I going to have to use/change my email address again? I just switched to Telus about 6 months ago and had to inform everyone of my new Telus email address. I really don't want to get a new email address (and different from the one on my home laptop).
    So am I going to end up with a new/different email address?
    Thanks,
    11-20-08 11:50 PM
    Yeah, you'll be something like [email protected] as opposed to [email protected]

How bout going permanent with a Gmail address or yahoo, or what ever. I bought a domain name and host it on gmail. Kinda complicated to set up at first but now I'm [email protected]
    11-21-08 01:52 AM
    I went with hotmail. Its by far the most well known. I've used it everywhere for the last... 6 years? It can be easily opened on your phone, and online through the browser. No software needed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 08:08 AM
    Taury:

11-21-08 09:25 AM
    How come Rogers and Telus can't play nice and let my Rogers BB use by current Telus internet email address?
    I only signed up for the BB to use Email to start. I just couldn't decide/agree to pay more money and signup for DATA as well.
    Will I still be able to get/view my mail on my laptop as well? (using Windows Live Mail?)
    some answers just brings up more questions.. :-)
    11-21-08 08:28 PM
    Not gonna happen if your talking about your [email protected] address. I know, sucks if you've come to rely on it. Telus won't help you out after you walked out on them and tecnically those addresses are restricted to their network.

All I can suggest is the same old stuff I already mentioned earlier:
    How bout going permanent with a Gmail address or yahoo, or what ever. I bought a domain name and host it on gmail. Kinda complicated to set up at first but now I'm [email protected]
    11-22-08 01:10 AM
    Thanks for the info folks...especially you PvT!
    ...I suppose I'll just have to bite the bullet (for the last time) and get one of those generic email accounts.
    11-22-08 01:20 AM
    Hey Taury, welcome to CB!
    11-23-08 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD