--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone help me. I am trying to find out if my messages on Messenger are private. People tell me that if my company has a Blackberry Enterprise Server, that they could monitor my messages. But I need more information. Are the last three years of my messages sitting on that server? Or can they just see that I am messaging? Does the server hold and store every message? Or do the messages really not go through the server, but through the internet or some other main RIM server? No one is really giving me an answer. I am just told that the company might be able to monitor my messages if it wanted to? I can't believe that messages are being held in the server, like email that has a central repository via the server. I am going to stop using Messenger, but I need some peace of mind that my history is not sitting somewhere in perpetuity. thanks.
    06-09-08 10:04 PM
    I belive they have access to your messages if they wanted to actually see exactly what they say...but not nessacarily looking at each one or any, they just have the ability to do so if they choose...i belive..welcome to CB
    06-09-08 11:31 PM
    No, if you have read some of the stories about the Indian govt wanting RIM to give them the ability to a back door to be able to see everything on someone's particular BB. It is not possible and the only this that I believe goes through the BES is your email, I believe that messenger actually goes through the carrier similar to sms texting.
    06-10-08 08:42 AM
    Yes, if the BES is version 4.1 or newer and the device is OS 4.1 or later. - the BES admin can log all PIN and SMS messages to the BES server, including what was said in those messages.
    06-10-08 08:51 AM
    Thanks Chaz,

I was a little unsure with my answer after I put it out there.
    06-10-08 09:10 AM
    Yes, if the BES is version 4.1 or newer and the device is OS 4.1 or later. - the BES admin can log all PIN and SMS messages to the BES server, including what was said in those messages.
    At the risk of sounding completely paranoid, how can I avoid that? I get my work email on my berry and would like to continue doing so but don't feel that BES admin should be able to have access to my other messages.
    06-10-08 09:13 AM
    What about separate email accounts? Are those accessible too?
    06-10-08 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD