I bought myself and my twin sons the BB 8310 Curve two weeks ago. So far we like them very much.

My son had a bunch of dust under the screen so we took his back today and they switched it out with a new one. The new BB does not have the preloaded pictures and I found out my other son doesn't either.

How can I or can I at all get the preloaded pictures off my BB and copy them over to theirs?

Thanks for all your help here, I love reading the forums.

PJ
    11-02-08 07:25 PM
    New from the store should have preloaded media. I'm sure it's fine, but I'd take it back again, don't want to start off with a corrupt OS or something.
    11-02-08 07:41 PM
    I'm sorry I also forgot to mention we are running the stock OS that came on all 3 of them 4.2.2.107. I'm too new to be messing around with changing to 4.5 but they both deserve the preloaded pictures and stuff don't they?

I also can't seem to change the font on theirs either and I can't understand why these things are missing.

Thanks for the input I had a feeling taking them both back and asking some questions would be the right thing to do.

PJ
    11-02-08 07:48 PM
    No preloaded media AND no fonts new from the store, somethings not right there..
    11-02-08 07:50 PM
    Right, you can take them back, make sure the kids are going to options>screen keyboard to change fonts, etc.

I'm not sure if you can do it with preloaded pics, but highlight one and push your menu key, look to see if email picture (file) option is there. If it is, you can email the picture(s) to your sons devices. When it gets to their devices, highlight the picture, push the menu key and select download/save. It is best if you can do this that they save the pictures to their memory cards to save room. You should do this too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 01:10 AM
    I think all the preloaded pics are locked but I could be wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 10:49 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The preloaded pictures were part of the original v4.2.2.180 operating system. Later versions, v4.5xx are supplied without the picutres.

First thing to check, Options / About. If the OS has been upgraded, no pictures is normal.

It is simple to capture the images and save them to the media card. From there, they can be used a normal wall paper, but do not use up the substantial amount of device memory the originals used.

Most users will prefer to remove the images and regain the additional memory.
    11-03-08 11:00 AM
    I did the ATT Support Webchat this morning and I'll report what they told me to do. They asked me to go download and reinstall the OS and that the missing font packags and missing pictures would be reloaded.

I'm skeptical but I'll try it. Here is the name of the file I downloaded.

8310M_PBr4.2.2_rel312_PL2.5.0.30_A4.2.2.170_AT&T.e xe

All 3 BB's are running the 4.2.2.170 so we'll see what happens.
    11-03-08 01:42 PM
    That is the original carrier package, just what you are looking for.

11-03-08 04:11 PM
    I updated to Verizon v4.5 today and lost all my preloaded pictures.. Is there anyone that has these pictures and would be willing to email them to me?!.. There are just a few that I really liked/used.. PM me if you don't mind emailing them to me!

Thanks
    11-03-08 07:31 PM
    Just an update so I can close this thread.

I did reinstall the current ATT OS and got all the pictures back on both BB's.

Thank you so much to all for the great help and support as another newbie tries to learn.
    11-04-08 01:59 PM
    BTW Pejay - welcome to CB - you've come to the right place if you want answers! Enjoy your phone!
    11-04-08 10:05 PM
    I updated to Verizon v4.5 today and lost all my preloaded pictures.. Is there anyone that has these pictures and would be willing to email them to me?!.. There are just a few that I really liked/used.. PM me if you don't mind emailing them to me!

Thanks
    I found a quick fix on blackberry forums and was able to load all of the pre-loaded pictures. Go to this link and scroll down to the 10-3-08 post by John Clark. http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...em-here-2.html
    11-15-08 06:03 PM
    The preloaded pictures are garbage anyway, there are a lot of better option. also they take up space. if you want to get rid of them you can use crackmem to free up space before you install an OS.
    11-15-08 06:26 PM
    I have att and have upgraded to the new 4.5. I downloaded the John Clark preloaded pictures but the one picture I was looking for is not there. I have a friend who has the same phone as I do and he hasn't upgraded yet. I was wondering how to send myself that picture. I tried to do it but it only showed me the pictures he has taken, not the preloaded ones. Help. I was also wondering how to delete the other preloaded pictures that I don't use.
    01-09-09 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD