Hypothetically speaking, if a Curve owner got a phone call from his "touched" ex and she started making some pretty serious threats, would there be any way for him to record the phone conversation?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 06:43 PM
    Sure, get a recorder and put turn the speakerphone on.
    10-31-08 06:57 PM
    Lol. Not from your Curve, but, she doesn't have to know that. Welcome to CB.

10-31-08 07:34 PM
    Be careful. It is illegal to record a phone conversation without the other person knowing. If u tell her right away when she calls and u have that on recording too ur fine. Then if she makes threats to you, you can file a police report. Phone threats is a misdemeanor in most states. But recording someone without knowing is a state AND federal crime.

10-31-08 08:56 PM
    Fla - not always true. It depends on the state. Only 1/2 of the parties need to know - ie the one recording - in Kansas.

10-31-08 09:00 PM
    Only 1 person must know that the conversation is being recorded not both.
    10-31-08 09:22 PM
    Fla - not always true. It depends on the state. Only 1/2 of the parties need to know - ie the one recording - in Kansas.

This is correct.

Depends on the state. Be careful. Check your local laws.
    10-31-08 09:39 PM
    Ok. Op, if a person had 4.5 OS(on their Blackberry Curve), the owner could record using Voice Note, but, not the phone calls. So, that person couldn't record the ex whether she was informed or not.......hypothetically speaking.
    10-31-08 10:58 PM
    Ok another hypothetical. If above user had text msgs that would incriminate said ex in court, how would one print those?

10-31-08 11:21 PM
    email the text to yourself or take a screen shot of it
    10-31-08 11:27 PM
    oh and sounds like this "hypothetical completely made up ex" is a complete pain in the as s
    10-31-08 11:27 PM
    oh and sounds like this "hypothetical completely made up ex" is a complete pain in the as s
    She sure does doesn't she?

10-31-08 11:36 PM
    You could always change your # and forget to give it to the x.
    11-01-08 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD